Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 29, 2010
2:25:31 PM
Its Official: There Will be a Verizon iPhone

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/10/29/verizon_iphone_seidenberg

The CEO of Verizon confirmed it in an interview with CNN money.  Read the article yourself, but the main highlights are:

*Gen 1 will be CDMA only (not a worldphone);

*The device will go on sale in early 2011;

*No hint that the device will be LTE compatible;

Most of the story is a puff piece on Siedenberg (Verizon's CEO) who went from lineman to CEO (after working his way through an Ivy League School).  

The CEO of Verizon confirmed it in an interview with CNN money.  Read the article yourself, but the main highlights are:

Most of the story is a puff piece on Siedenberg (Verizon's CEO) who went from lineman to CEO (after working his way through an Ivy League School).  

Its Official: There Will be a Verizon iPhone

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2010 2:47:36 PM
(0)
Expert

stufried wrote:

No offfense but when Apple officially announces it, will believe it.

Personally would love to see it happen, so sick and tired of people posting that if verzion has the iphone they would jump ship right away. If this is actually true and not marketing hype it will be interesting to see how many ATT IPhone users under contract will actually put the money where the mouth is is buy out their etf (which on Iphone 4's is 325.00 pro-rated), and actually jump over to pay the additional 200+ for the iphone, then try to sell their old one and find out that the pricing market has bottomed on them.. Lets add the amusment factor of seeing people complain on the verizon forums for the same reasons that they do on the ATT forums.

would suspect that the same retrictions are going to be in place - no unlock and a capped data plan. If you review verison's term of service - their "unlimited data plan" has the legal terms written in to it so they can cap the data usages for people that abuse the bandwith.

stufried wrote:

No offfense but when Apple officially announces it, will believe it.

Personally would love to see it happen, so sick and tired of people posting that if verzion has the iphone they would jump ship right away. If this is actually true and not marketing hype it will be interesting to see how many ATT IPhone users under contract will actually put the money where the mouth is is buy out their etf (which on Iphone 4's is 325.00 pro-rated), and actually jump over to pay the additional 200+ for the iphone, then try to sell their old one and find out that the pricing market has bottomed on them.. Lets add the amusment factor of seeing people complain on the verizon forums for the same reasons that they do on the ATT forums.

would suspect that the same retrictions are going to be in place - no unlock and a capped data plan. If you review verison's term of service - their "unlimited data plan" has the legal terms written in to it so they can cap the data usages for people that abuse the bandwith.

Re: Its Official: There Will be a Verizon iPhone

2 of 12 (2,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2010 3:11:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

Verizon offered my dad $250 to buy him out of his Iphone4, plus $50 per line that came to Verizon from our att family plan. Luckily an Att customer service rep saved the day when they allowed him and I to be reverse grandfathered into the $30 unlimited data plan. Keeping $2,800 a year, $28,000 a decade in Att pockets, instead of big reds. We have been Cingular/Att customers for about 10 years. 

Verizon offered my dad $250 to buy him out of his Iphone4, plus $50 per line that came to Verizon from our att family plan. Luckily an Att customer service rep saved the day when they allowed him and I to be reverse grandfathered into the $30 unlimited data plan. Keeping $2,800 a year, $28,000 a decade in Att pockets, instead of big reds. We have been Cingular/Att customers for about 10 years. 

3 of 12 (2,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2010 4:16:59 PM
(0)
Expert

Seed 2.0 wrote:

really?

Seed 2.0 wrote:

really?

4 of 12 (2,048 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2010 6:51:54 PM
(0)
Mentor

It's officiial when Steve Jobs says it's official. Jump the gun and there may not be one because Jobs likes the spotlight

It's officiial when Steve Jobs says it's official. Jump the gun and there may not be one because Jobs likes the spotlight

5 of 12 (2,005 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2010 7:05:49 AM
(0)
Professor

I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN APPLE or steve jobs says it is Official Verizon will sell the Iphone.

i think Verizon is trying to copy cat AT&T due to the lack of sales they get on the HTC evo and other smart phone. they are jealous becuase the Iphone has so many sales to pass up Verizon's HTC evo smart phone.

now they want to jump on the Band wagon to catch up with AT&T.

i think its very funny to see another cell provider copy a phone because they are jealous....

I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN APPLE or steve jobs says it is Official Verizon will sell the Iphone.

i think Verizon is trying to copy cat AT&T due to the lack of sales they get on the HTC evo and other smart phone. they are jealous becuase the Iphone has so many sales to pass up Verizon's HTC evo smart phone.

i think its very funny to see another cell provider copy a phone because they are jealous....

hello!!!

6 of 12 (1,839 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 2:29:55 AM
(0)
Professor

graphite07 wrote:

Just a FYI. The EVO is on Sprint, not Verizon, and the various Android phones have been selling well on Verizon, and other carriers, too.

graphite07 wrote:

Just a FYI. The EVO is on Sprint, not Verizon, and the various Android phones have been selling well on Verizon, and other carriers, too.

7 of 12 (1,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 7:57:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

like i said before....here come those flying pigs singing stairway to heaven....Smiley Very Happy

like i said before....here come those flying pigs singing stairway to heaven....Smiley Very Happy

8 of 12 (1,671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 9:00:59 AM
(0)
Guru

guandalf wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

Apparently not well enough that the iPhone has almost push AT&T up to the largest Cell Provider. Cant find the link at the moment but the latest reports was only around 1 million seperating the 2 companies.

I just really hope its true this time so we can stop with these daily rumors can end and we can start getting some real news back. It also makes me wonder how neutered would a Verizon iPhone be? We already know Verizon charges 3 dollars extra for visual voicemail. What else will they be charging extra for?

guandalf wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

Apparently not well enough that the iPhone has almost push AT&T up to the largest Cell Provider. Cant find the link at the moment but the latest reports was only around 1 million seperating the 2 companies.

I just really hope its true this time so we can stop with these daily rumors can end and we can start getting some real news back. It also makes me wonder how neutered would a Verizon iPhone be? We already know Verizon charges 3 dollars extra for visual voicemail. What else will they be charging extra for?

9 of 12 (1,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 12:01:11 PM
(0)
Professor

I will always believe its fake, even if its announced.

If I see someone talking on one, I'll assume its a fake phone.

I will always believe its fake, even if its announced.

If I see someone talking on one, I'll assume its a fake phone.

10 of 12 (1,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 3:57:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

guandalf wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

^^^^ That's what I was going to say... Smiley Wink ^^^^

Yes, the Android phones are doing very well. It seems like that's pretty much what everybody's wanting these days, except that the Verizon customers can't get their mitts on the iPhone. [Yet, so it seems...]

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

guandalf wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

^^^^ That's what I was going to say... Smiley Wink ^^^^

Yes, the Android phones are doing very well. It seems like that's pretty much what everybody's wanting these days, except that the Verizon customers can't get their mitts on the iPhone. [Yet, so it seems...]

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 12 (691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2010 11:13:53 AM
(0)
Explorer

I'm sticking with ATT. 

I'm sticking with ATT. 

12 of 12 (634 Views)