Itether App for iphone

Mentor

Itether App for iphone

[ Edited ]

I was one of the ones lucky enough to get this app before it was pulled from the app store.  Can I use it without AT&T sending me one of those warning texts about changing my unlimited plan to a tethering to my plan?  Why was this app only pulled from the Apple Store if it's still available for the Android & Blackberry store.  Last time I checked these companies have phones on all the carriers to.

Message 1 of 6 (1,188 Views)
Expert

Re: Itether App for iphone

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

I was one of the ones lucky enough to get this app before it was pulled from the app store.  Can I use it without AT&T sending me one of those warning texts about changing my unlimited plan to a tethering to my plan?  Why was this app only pulled from the Apple Store if it's still available for the Android & Blackberry store.  Last time I checked these companies have phones on all the carriers to.

No, app does not mean anything - tehtering requires a specific plan to be on the account. Unlimited data never was able to tether. Use the app and the carrier will alter your data plan

Message 2 of 6 (1,178 Views)
ACE - Professor

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

I was one of the ones lucky enough to get this app before it was pulled from the app store.  Can I use it without AT&T sending me one of those warning texts about changing my unlimited plan to a tethering to my plan? 

Unknown. Likley not, as the same detection methods used for other unathorized tethering use would apply. Certainly you'd be breaking the TOS you agreed to by using the app without a tethering plan.

Frankly I'd ask for a refund for the app price.

Tethering on the metered plan is free, you just prepay for the next 2GB of data (which you will no doubt use, right?) in order to enable it. Tethering is not, and will never be supported on grandfathered plans that pre-dated the feature in iOS.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (1,155 Views)
Expert

johninsj wrote:

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

I was one of the ones lucky enough to get this app before it was pulled from the app store.  Can I use it without AT&T sending me one of those warning texts about changing my unlimited plan to a tethering to my plan? 

Unknown. Likley not, as the same detection methods used for other unathorized tethering use would apply. Certainly you'd be breaking the TOS you agreed to by using the app without a tethering plan.

Frankly I'd ask for a refund for the app price.

Tethering on the metered plan is free, you just prepay for the next 2GB of data (which you will no doubt use, right?) in order to enable it. Tethering is not, and will never be supported on grandfathered plans that pre-dated the feature in iOS.

itunes tos - no refunds, beside he got it before it was pulled - seem to rememebr that was about 6 months ago

Message 4 of 6 (1,146 Views)
Mentor

No itether was released and approved this Monday & pulled Tuesday.  It was the top grossing app so I'm sure quite a few people got it before it was pulled.

Message 5 of 6 (1,141 Views)
Highlighted

No telling how this got through App Store approvals. Tethering is not allowed by either Verizon or AT&T without the appropriate plan (not sure about Sprint & T-Mobile, although I suspect at least one of the two is in the same boat).

Will you get the nasty text from AT&T? There's absolutely NO telling. If you tether 28GB of data one month, then AT&T WILL shut you down by throttling you as part of the 5%. If you use this software very sporadically, you might escape AT&T's notice.

One thing that will NOT change - you are clearly and unequivocally in violation of AT&T's Data Plan terms. There's no if, and, or but about that matter - regardless of whether Apple approved the app, or whether you got it before they yanked it. Tethering is in no way allowed by AT&T without the appropriate plan, so caveat emptor.

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

No itether was released and approved this Monday & pulled Tuesday.  It was the top grossing app so I'm sure quite a few people got it before it was pulled.

Message 6 of 6 (1,095 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.