It appears we have the 3 AT&T HTC phones leaked now.

Scholar

It appears we have the 3 AT&T HTC phones leaked now.

[ Edited ]

If I am tracking the rumormill correctly we have

HTC Legend

HTC Desire

HTC slider (dont know name)

So thats our 3 I guess? Only the Desire interests me...

Message 1 of 24 (4,383 Views)
Professor

Re: It appears we have the 3 AT&T HTC phones leaked now.

linkworld85 wrote:

I don't think that the phone I was informed was the Legend will have to slower processor since I was specifically told it would have the 1GhZ Snapdragon. I pretty much directed the conversation toward HTC because that is my personal choice, so I'm not suprised the Samsung Captivate was not brought up if they had info on it. Its all just hearsay at this point, but the point the reps wanted to make sure to get across to me was that At&t was agressively pursuing Android phones on a level consistent with Verizon and the Droid Incredible for instance. Just speculation, but I'm guessing you see more than one HTC phone in short succession. No source on that and I wasn't told that in the conversation, but just a feeling I got. Honestly, At&t is really late to the game here, but it seems like they are working furiously at getting back into the game from what I understood.

Here's a little speculation I came across today:

http://www.phonedog.com/2010/06/08/htc-intruder-shows-up-in-at-t-inventory-aria-may-now-be-liberty/

I sure hope and pray that what you are saying turns out to be true.  But based on the article you linked, it sounds like the Intruder/Liberty are more budget-level (i. e. crippled) Android phones.

Message 16 of 24 (2,582 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't hold much stock in what I say, but I am personally encouraged. I have no sources, just had a conversation with a rep and thought some on here would find it interesting or helpful. That link was just intended to get some info on the upcoming phones, not to speculate it was proof of what I was told was true. I just know how hard it is waiting and frustrating it has been with the lack of info out there recently. I've been googling like crazy for a month or so now. I'd hope there will be a better flow of info in the future. I don't think all the secrets help At&t when they are already so far behind in the Android market already.

Message 17 of 24 (2,576 Views)
Scholar

VydorScope wrote:

If I am tracking the rumormill correctly we have HTC Legend, HTC Desire, HTC slider (dont know name) So thats our 3 I guess? Only the Desire interests me...

I guess the updated count would now be up to 4 phones, The Aria/Liberty that has been leaked (w/photos) at several places is similar to the Legend but definitely not the same phone... It could be a Legend-based variant (a-la-Incredible vs Desire) or just another budget Android phone out of HTC, no one seems to know.

As far as leaked code names, that's all over the place... Wildfire, Aria/Liberty, new "Intruder" leak today from Radio Shack, etc. AT&T/HTC could have something completely different than any of this under wraps as well. Most of the exact details on the Incredible weren't known for more than a month before launch IIRC.

Inventory system leaks are definitely a good sign even if they turn out to be wildly inaccurate tho, means y'all are that much closer to an actual release.

Message 18 of 24 (2,497 Views)
Scholar

Impulses wrote:

VydorScope wrote:

If I am tracking the rumormill correctly we have HTC Legend, HTC Desire, HTC slider (dont know name) So thats our 3 I guess? Only the Desire interests me...

I guess the updated count would now be up to 4 phones, The Aria/Liberty that has been leaked (w/photos) at several places is similar to the Legend but definitely not the same phone... It could be a Legend-based variant (a-la-Incredible vs Desire) or just another budget Android phone out of HTC, no one seems to know.

As far as leaked code names, that's all over the place... Wildfire, Aria/Liberty, new "Intruder" leak today from Radio Shack, etc. AT&T/HTC could have something completely different than any of this under wraps as well. Most of the exact details on the Incredible weren't known for more than a month before launch IIRC.

Inventory system leaks are definitely a good sign even if they turn out to be wildly inaccurate tho, means y'all are that much closer to an actual release.

And yet still not a peep from the official channels. But the offical channels announce the areo on March 22 and still has not been released. Not that I want it but would be nice to have it out since it would show some android life.

Message 19 of 24 (2,329 Views)
Voyager

I don't think we'll be seeing the Desire on AP&P.

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/06/16/htc-desire-coming-to-u-s-market.html

Message 20 of 24 (1,780 Views)
Contributor

from what i found out the phones that are potential to be out are HTC Liberty (Desire), HTC Aria, HTC Lancaster (Slider) and the other possible on is the HTC Legend. The only reason i found so far why there is 4 phones is because the HTC Legend HASN'T been official for AT&T to  use from the FCC. They put in the request to release the HTC Legend. From what i see about it, it is still pending for the approval for AT&T to sale it. Alot of poeple claim that the HTC Aria is the HTC Liberty, it isn't. HTC Liberty isn't schedule to actually be sold until August - September. Also, several rumors about HTC being a little upset about the Desire being renamed by AT&T. The Lancaster is the only slider phone being released. Several places state that it will be released in Early August. 

Message 21 of 24 (1,413 Views)
Scholar

insaneguy13 wrote:

from what i found out the phones that are potential to be out are HTC Liberty (Desire), HTC Aria, HTC Lancaster (Slider) and the other possible on is the HTC Legend. The only reason i found so far why there is 4 phones is because the HTC Legend HASN'T been official for AT&T to  use from the FCC. They put in the request to release the HTC Legend. From what i see about it, it is still pending for the approval for AT&T to sale it. Alot of poeple claim that the HTC Aria is the HTC Liberty, it isn't. HTC Liberty isn't schedule to actually be sold until August - September. Also, several rumors about HTC being a little upset about the Desire being renamed by AT&T. The Lancaster is the only slider phone being released. Several places state that it will be released in Early August. 

The Liberty=Intruder=Aria.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-aria/17893-heres-deal-names.html

Message 22 of 24 (1,344 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Given HTC's announcement of the Desire going to smaller regional carriers, I'd say that's an almost definite no go for AT&T... Tho they had still promised two HTC Android devices. So it's Aria + possibly a slider? Not much else has leaked on that one GSM HTC slider that passed FCC testing months ago.

Message 23 of 24 (1,198 Views)
Contributor

well everything is still up in the air right now. only one that has been released is the Aria. the slider that was going to be released, Lancaster, has been pullled, they aren't going to relases this one now. not a bad move really, the specs on this phone were not that great. so we will just have to wait to see what at&t comes out with in aug and at the end of the year.

Message 24 of 24 (1,028 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.