Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 4, 2010
9:54:29 AM
View profile
It appears we have the 3 AT&T HTC phones leaked now.
Edited by VydorScope on May 4, 2010 at 9:54:51 AM

If I am tracking the rumormill correctly we have

HTC Legend

HTC Desire

HTC slider (dont know name)

So thats our 3 I guess? Only the Desire interests me...

If I am tracking the rumormill correctly we have

HTC Legend

HTC Desire

HTC slider (dont know name)

So thats our 3 I guess? Only the Desire interests me...

It appears we have the 3 AT&T HTC phones leaked now.

[ Edited ]
23 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(23)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2010 10:12:15 AM
(0)
Scholar

I got your Slider right here.

I got your Slider right here.

Re: It appears we have the 3 AT&T HTC phones leaked now.

2 of 24 (4,341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2010 10:14:30 AM
(0)
Master

Some nice information indeed.

I'm not sure if I'm the onle one here, but I'm waiting for a leak of the "TP3" or any successor to our Tilt2. Usually by this time, HTC would've leaked one to the Euro world, but nothing seems to be avaialbe thus far.

Some nice information indeed.

I'm not sure if I'm the onle one here, but I'm waiting for a leak of the "TP3" or any successor to our Tilt2. Usually by this time, HTC would've leaked one to the Euro world, but nothing seems to be avaialbe thus far.

3 of 24 (4,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2010 11:02:50 AM
(0)
Scholar

4 of 24 (4,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2010 11:21:01 AM
(0)
Mentor

Well, according to Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/04/htc-legend-coming-to-atandt-according-to-fcc/

the Legend has been spotted at FCC labs sporting AT&T bands. Now that doesn't exactly mean it will be coming here (read: Canada), though I'd look closely at one and probably part with my iPhone to get one. 

As for the Desire- I'm loving the idea of seeing one, but I just don't see it happening, even though the AT&T rep eluded to the possibility. I think we'll see the Galaxy S and the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 before the Desire. 

If all of them land with AT&T, sheesh- I'd probably get the Galaxy S. That SuperAMOLED screen is noice. 

Well, according to Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/04/htc-legend-coming-to-atandt-according-to-fcc/

the Legend has been spotted at FCC labs sporting AT&T bands. Now that doesn't exactly mean it will be coming here (read: Canada), though I'd look closely at one and probably part with my iPhone to get one. 

As for the Desire- I'm loving the idea of seeing one, but I just don't see it happening, even though the AT&T rep eluded to the possibility. I think we'll see the Galaxy S and the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 before the Desire. 

If all of them land with AT&T, sheesh- I'd probably get the Galaxy S. That SuperAMOLED screen is noice. 

5 of 24 (4,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2010 12:19:14 PM
(0)
Scholar

I am with you that the Desire is the only one that appeals to me as well.

Now if the slider has a bigger screen than what appeared and not as much waisted space then it could be fine as well.

But if the phone does not have a snapdragon processor in it then I am a no go period. Why would I want to buy a phone that is already a generation behind when they are churning them out so fast already.

I am with you that the Desire is the only one that appeals to me as well.

Now if the slider has a bigger screen than what appeared and not as much waisted space then it could be fine as well.

But if the phone does not have a snapdragon processor in it then I am a no go period. Why would I want to buy a phone that is already a generation behind when they are churning them out so fast already.

6 of 24 (4,251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2010 2:21:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

Who said we were getting the Desire? The Legend fits the bill for the third now.

Who said we were getting the Desire? The Legend fits the bill for the third now.

7 of 24 (4,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2010 4:23:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

IF I recall right Desire was mentioned way back in early/mid feb. There are also a couple-few more Dells comming, Samsung Galaxy S, and Sony X10 (commically late at this point) acording to what I read in the rumor rags... still Desire is my first choice, with Galaxy a close second tied with Nexus One. Holding out on buyin Nexus to see what the June releases are.

There are very very conflicting rumors of a Motorola too, but to vague to call. Smiley Happy

IF I recall right Desire was mentioned way back in early/mid feb. There are also a couple-few more Dells comming, Samsung Galaxy S, and Sony X10 (commically late at this point) acording to what I read in the rumor rags... still Desire is my first choice, with Galaxy a close second tied with Nexus One. Holding out on buyin Nexus to see what the June releases are.

There are very very conflicting rumors of a Motorola too, but to vague to call. Smiley Happy

8 of 24 (4,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2010 7:27:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

The Desire has always been rumored to head to AT&T since its release.

After playing with the Incredible, I have to say the Desire (hopefully with a keyboard) tops my wishlist.  The Samsung Galaxy S is steadily creeping up do to the 4 inch Super AMOLED screen, but the Sense UI is real nice.  If either of these phones show up with a keyboard, it is a done deal.

The Sony X10 looks intriguing just due to the screen size, but I have never had a Sony phone before.....

The Desire has always been rumored to head to AT&T since its release.

After playing with the Incredible, I have to say the Desire (hopefully with a keyboard) tops my wishlist.  The Samsung Galaxy S is steadily creeping up do to the 4 inch Super AMOLED screen, but the Sense UI is real nice.  If either of these phones show up with a keyboard, it is a done deal.

The Sony X10 looks intriguing just due to the screen size, but I have never had a Sony phone before.....

9 of 24 (3,995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2010 7:34:00 AM
(0)
Scholar

Most likely the legend will be our 3rd phone... unfortunetly.

It is a nice phone, but nothing compared to the incredible and desire.

It just shows ATT is not taking it seriously and bringing in top high end Androids

We have 56 days until the end of Q2 2010, and three phones to release.... ONE of those phones had better be snapdragon and 3.7 amoled or better

It just shows ATT is not taking it seriously and bringing in top high end Androids

We have 56 days until the end of Q2 2010, and three phones to release.... ONE of those phones had better be snapdragon and 3.7 amoled or better

10 of 24 (3,990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2010 12:58:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

None of these phones appeal to me but I guess I'm in the minority.  Now give me an HTC Trophy with a 4" screen and now you're talking about a great phone!!!

None of these phones appeal to me but I guess I'm in the minority.  Now give me an HTC Trophy with a 4" screen and now you're talking about a great phone!!!

11 of 24 (3,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2010 1:59:46 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by quetzalcoatl on May 5, 2010 at 2:00:40 PM

cypherphone wrote:

Very well said

cypherphone wrote:

Very well said

[ Edited ]
12 of 24 (3,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 7:30:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

I went to an AT&T store the other day and was told that there would be an Android HTC phone released in "probably late June or July." It took me a while to get some of the information, but after learning my frustration with not having a viable Android option information started flowing. They started with the new Dell and then the Sony Xperia x10. I brought up the Droid Incredible at Verizon and was told the HTC Legend would be the phone released. I was told it would have a 1GhZ Snapdragon Processor. I said that sounded more like the Desire, but maybe they are tweaking the Legend for At&t. I don't know how accurate the information was, but it was definately encouraging. I was given a business card and told to call anytime to see if they could get me more info on release date or any other questions.

I went to an AT&T store the other day and was told that there would be an Android HTC phone released in "probably late June or July." It took me a while to get some of the information, but after learning my frustration with not having a viable Android option information started flowing. They started with the new Dell and then the Sony Xperia x10. I brought up the Droid Incredible at Verizon and was told the HTC Legend would be the phone released. I was told it would have a 1GhZ Snapdragon Processor. I said that sounded more like the Desire, but maybe they are tweaking the Legend for At&t. I don't know how accurate the information was, but it was definately encouraging. I was given a business card and told to call anytime to see if they could get me more info on release date or any other questions.

13 of 24 (2,602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 7:53:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by UHmump95 on Jun 8, 2010 at 7:54:13 AM

I do not think ATT will be getting the Legend.  I think ATT is getting the HTC Wildfire, which has the same screen size at the HTC Legend, but lower resolution and a slower processor.  The size on the HTC Wildfire also matches the leaked pics that are on the web.  So ATT is preparing to hose us again.

I am very dissapointed that your source did not give any information about the Samsung Captivate, since that is being rumored to be heading to ATT.

I do not think ATT will be getting the Legend.  I think ATT is getting the HTC Wildfire, which has the same screen size at the HTC Legend, but lower resolution and a slower processor.  The size on the HTC Wildfire also matches the leaked pics that are on the web.  So ATT is preparing to hose us again.

I am very dissapointed that your source did not give any information about the Samsung Captivate, since that is being rumored to be heading to ATT.

[ Edited ]
14 of 24 (2,575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 8:12:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

I don't think that the phone I was informed was the Legend will have to slower processor since I was specifically told it would have the 1GhZ Snapdragon. I pretty much directed the conversation toward HTC because that is my personal choice, so I'm not suprised the Samsung Captivate was not brought up if they had info on it. Its all just hearsay at this point, but the point the reps wanted to make sure to get across to me was that At&t was agressively pursuing Android phones on a level consistent with Verizon and the Droid Incredible for instance. Just speculation, but I'm guessing you see more than one HTC phone in short succession. No source on that and I wasn't told that in the conversation, but just a feeling I got. Honestly, At&t is really late to the game here, but it seems like they are working furiously at getting back into the game from what I understood.

Here's a little speculation I came across today:

http://www.phonedog.com/2010/06/08/htc-intruder-shows-up-in-at-t-inventory-aria-may-now-be-liberty/

I don't think that the phone I was informed was the Legend will have to slower processor since I was specifically told it would have the 1GhZ Snapdragon. I pretty much directed the conversation toward HTC because that is my personal choice, so I'm not suprised the Samsung Captivate was not brought up if they had info on it. Its all just hearsay at this point, but the point the reps wanted to make sure to get across to me was that At&t was agressively pursuing Android phones on a level consistent with Verizon and the Droid Incredible for instance. Just speculation, but I'm guessing you see more than one HTC phone in short succession. No source on that and I wasn't told that in the conversation, but just a feeling I got. Honestly, At&t is really late to the game here, but it seems like they are working furiously at getting back into the game from what I understood.

http://www.phonedog.com/2010/06/08/htc-intruder-shows-up-in-at-t-inventory-aria-may-now-be-liberty/

15 of 24 (2,561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 8:21:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

linkworld85 wrote:

I sure hope and pray that what you are saying turns out to be true.  But based on the article you linked, it sounds like the Intruder/Liberty are more budget-level (i. e. crippled) Android phones.

linkworld85 wrote:

I sure hope and pray that what you are saying turns out to be true.  But based on the article you linked, it sounds like the Intruder/Liberty are more budget-level (i. e. crippled) Android phones.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

16 of 24 (2,554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 8:27:56 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by linkworld85 on Jun 8, 2010 at 8:29:04 AM

Don't hold much stock in what I say, but I am personally encouraged. I have no sources, just had a conversation with a rep and thought some on here would find it interesting or helpful. That link was just intended to get some info on the upcoming phones, not to speculate it was proof of what I was told was true. I just know how hard it is waiting and frustrating it has been with the lack of info out there recently. I've been googling like crazy for a month or so now. I'd hope there will be a better flow of info in the future. I don't think all the secrets help At&t when they are already so far behind in the Android market already.

Don't hold much stock in what I say, but I am personally encouraged. I have no sources, just had a conversation with a rep and thought some on here would find it interesting or helpful. That link was just intended to get some info on the upcoming phones, not to speculate it was proof of what I was told was true. I just know how hard it is waiting and frustrating it has been with the lack of info out there recently. I've been googling like crazy for a month or so now. I'd hope there will be a better flow of info in the future. I don't think all the secrets help At&t when they are already so far behind in the Android market already.

[ Edited ]
17 of 24 (2,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 11:41:11 AM
(0)
Scholar

VydorScope wrote:

If I am tracking the rumormill correctly we have HTC Legend, HTC Desire, HTC slider (dont know name) So thats our 3 I guess? Only the Desire interests me...

I guess the updated count would now be up to 4 phones, The Aria/Liberty that has been leaked (w/photos) at several places is similar to the Legend but definitely not the same phone... It could be a Legend-based variant (a-la-Incredible vs Desire) or just another budget Android phone out of HTC, no one seems to know.

As far as leaked code names, that's all over the place... Wildfire, Aria/Liberty, new "Intruder" leak today from Radio Shack, etc. AT&T/HTC could have something completely different than any of this under wraps as well. Most of the exact details on the Incredible weren't known for more than a month before launch IIRC.

Inventory system leaks are definitely a good sign even if they turn out to be wildly inaccurate tho, means y'all are that much closer to an actual release.

VydorScope wrote:

If I am tracking the rumormill correctly we have HTC Legend, HTC Desire, HTC slider (dont know name) So thats our 3 I guess? Only the Desire interests me...

I guess the updated count would now be up to 4 phones, The Aria/Liberty that has been leaked (w/photos) at several places is similar to the Legend but definitely not the same phone... It could be a Legend-based variant (a-la-Incredible vs Desire) or just another budget Android phone out of HTC, no one seems to know.

As far as leaked code names, that's all over the place... Wildfire, Aria/Liberty, new "Intruder" leak today from Radio Shack, etc. AT&T/HTC could have something completely different than any of this under wraps as well. Most of the exact details on the Incredible weren't known for more than a month before launch IIRC.

Inventory system leaks are definitely a good sign even if they turn out to be wildly inaccurate tho, means y'all are that much closer to an actual release.

18 of 24 (2,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 6:40:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

Impulses wrote:

VydorScope wrote:

And yet still not a peep from the official channels. But the offical channels announce the areo on March 22 and still has not been released. Not that I want it but would be nice to have it out since it would show some android life.

Impulses wrote:

VydorScope wrote:

And yet still not a peep from the official channels. But the offical channels announce the areo on March 22 and still has not been released. Not that I want it but would be nice to have it out since it would show some android life.

19 of 24 (2,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2010 2:23:58 PM
(0)
Voyager

I don't think we'll be seeing the Desire on AP&P.

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/06/16/htc-desire-coming-to-u-s-market.html

I don't think we'll be seeing the Desire on AP&P.

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/06/16/htc-desire-coming-to-u-s-market.html

20 of 24 (1,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2010 6:59:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

from what i found out the phones that are potential to be out are HTC Liberty (Desire), HTC Aria, HTC Lancaster (Slider) and the other possible on is the HTC Legend. The only reason i found so far why there is 4 phones is because the HTC Legend HASN'T been official for AT&T to  use from the FCC. They put in the request to release the HTC Legend. From what i see about it, it is still pending for the approval for AT&T to sale it. Alot of poeple claim that the HTC Aria is the HTC Liberty, it isn't. HTC Liberty isn't schedule to actually be sold until August - September. Also, several rumors about HTC being a little upset about the Desire being renamed by AT&T. The Lancaster is the only slider phone being released. Several places state that it will be released in Early August. 

from what i found out the phones that are potential to be out are HTC Liberty (Desire), HTC Aria, HTC Lancaster (Slider) and the other possible on is the HTC Legend. The only reason i found so far why there is 4 phones is because the HTC Legend HASN'T been official for AT&T to  use from the FCC. They put in the request to release the HTC Legend. From what i see about it, it is still pending for the approval for AT&T to sale it. Alot of poeple claim that the HTC Aria is the HTC Liberty, it isn't. HTC Liberty isn't schedule to actually be sold until August - September. Also, several rumors about HTC being a little upset about the Desire being renamed by AT&T. The Lancaster is the only slider phone being released. Several places state that it will be released in Early August. 

21 of 24 (1,385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2010 11:36:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

insaneguy13 wrote:

The Liberty=Intruder=Aria.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-aria/17893-heres-deal-names.html

insaneguy13 wrote:

The Liberty=Intruder=Aria.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-aria/17893-heres-deal-names.html

22 of 24 (1,316 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 12:19:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

Given HTC's announcement of the Desire going to smaller regional carriers, I'd say that's an almost definite no go for AT&T... Tho they had still promised two HTC Android devices. So it's Aria + possibly a slider? Not much else has leaked on that one GSM HTC slider that passed FCC testing months ago.

Given HTC's announcement of the Desire going to smaller regional carriers, I'd say that's an almost definite no go for AT&T... Tho they had still promised two HTC Android devices. So it's Aria + possibly a slider? Not much else has leaked on that one GSM HTC slider that passed FCC testing months ago.

23 of 24 (1,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 8:33:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

well everything is still up in the air right now. only one that has been released is the Aria. the slider that was going to be released, Lancaster, has been pullled, they aren't going to relases this one now. not a bad move really, the specs on this phone were not that great. so we will just have to wait to see what at&t comes out with in aug and at the end of the year.

well everything is still up in the air right now. only one that has been released is the Aria. the slider that was going to be released, Lancaster, has been pullled, they aren't going to relases this one now. not a bad move really, the specs on this phone were not that great. so we will just have to wait to see what at&t comes out with in aug and at the end of the year.

24 of 24 (1,000 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments