Issues with voice dial on ARIA

Contributor

Issues with voice dial on ARIA

I have a HTC Aria and love it----except the fact that I cant seem to make it voice dial consistently.  I say a name and "mobile" or "home" and it almost always either messes up on the name, or the type of number to call.  I use it on the road alot, and find myself so frustrated with the voice dial, that i just go ahead and break the law and dial manually. 

Any help would be appreciated!!

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: Issues with voice dial on ARIA

I have had the same issues with my Aria

An HTC support tech suggested using the search  button (lower right hand side, looks like a magnifying glass).  Press and hold search button for a second and a voice recording screen will appear.  Speak slowly.  I tried "call answering machine" and it started dialing without further buttons or commands.  Still a bit clunky but it seems to work better than anything else I've tried.  I still can't activate the voice command from the earpiece, so it's not really hands free.

DavidM46

Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: Issues with voice dial on ARIA

Upgraded to firmware 2.2 and still have these problems. Can't find anything at HTC, AT&T or on internet the provides a solution--but lots of people have the problem. I've had this phone for about 6 months and every time I get in the car with it I want to throw it out the window.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support