Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 5, 2010
8:57:15 PM
View profile
Issues with voice dial on ARIA

I have a HTC Aria and love it----except the fact that I cant seem to make it voice dial consistently.  I say a name and "mobile" or "home" and it almost always either messes up on the name, or the type of number to call.  I use it on the road alot, and find myself so frustrated with the voice dial, that i just go ahead and break the law and dial manually. 

Any help would be appreciated!!

I have a HTC Aria and love it----except the fact that I cant seem to make it voice dial consistently.  I say a name and "mobile" or "home" and it almost always either messes up on the name, or the type of number to call.  I use it on the road alot, and find myself so frustrated with the voice dial, that i just go ahead and break the law and dial manually. 

Any help would be appreciated!!

Issues with voice dial on ARIA

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2010 1:53:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have had the same issues with my Aria

An HTC support tech suggested using the search  button (lower right hand side, looks like a magnifying glass).  Press and hold search button for a second and a voice recording screen will appear.  Speak slowly.  I tried "call answering machine" and it started dialing without further buttons or commands.  Still a bit clunky but it seems to work better than anything else I've tried.  I still can't activate the voice command from the earpiece, so it's not really hands free.

DavidM46

I have had the same issues with my Aria

An HTC support tech suggested using the search  button (lower right hand side, looks like a magnifying glass).  Press and hold search button for a second and a voice recording screen will appear.  Speak slowly.  I tried "call answering machine" and it started dialing without further buttons or commands.  Still a bit clunky but it seems to work better than anything else I've tried.  I still can't activate the voice command from the earpiece, so it's not really hands free.

DavidM46

Re: Issues with voice dial on ARIA

2 of 3 (1,371 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 6:48:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

Upgraded to firmware 2.2 and still have these problems. Can't find anything at HTC, AT&T or on internet the provides a solution--but lots of people have the problem. I've had this phone for about 6 months and every time I get in the car with it I want to throw it out the window.

Upgraded to firmware 2.2 and still have these problems. Can't find anything at HTC, AT&T or on internet the provides a solution--but lots of people have the problem. I've had this phone for about 6 months and every time I get in the car with it I want to throw it out the window.

Re: Issues with voice dial on ARIA

3 of 3 (270 Views)