Issue With Sim Card In An Samsung A127 phone

Contributor

Issue With Sim Card In An Samsung A127 phone

This is a prepaid phone and the money ran out on it back in August and when I went to add more money to it I get the message that the account has been disconnected. Also when I turn the phone on I get the following message " Smartchip not provisioned MM#2 "

What do I need to do in order to get this thing working again?

Message 1 of 8 (341 Views)
Professor

Re: Issue With Sim Card In An Samsung A127 phone

Your phone number was already deactivated. You will need to get a new SIM card, so that you can get a new number.

Message 2 of 8 (332 Views)
Master

ilikewireless is correct. Your account has expired and your phone number did, too. Your current SIM card cannot be re-activated, so you will have get a new one somehow.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 8 (320 Views)
Contributor

I see ATT offers one for like $6 through their store.  Would one of those work ?

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=AT%26T+SIM+Card&q_sku=sku9...

Message 4 of 8 (317 Views)
Master

Not really sure because it doesn't specifically state "GoPhone", but I think it would work. Worst case scenario, if it doesn't, you're only out $6.

There are GoPhone SIMs for sale on eBay for a little under $3.00

Message 5 of 8 (313 Views)
Professor

I'm thinking that the same type of SIM card is used for prepaid and postpaid phones. The type of account would be written to the SIM card at activation time - so I guessed.

Message 6 of 8 (309 Views)
Contributor

Well I checked under the Compatible List and the A127 is listed so I might try that.

Message 7 of 8 (304 Views)
Master

Alright. Sounds good.

Message 8 of 8 (294 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.