Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 14, 2011
7:27:32 PM
View profile
Issue With Sim Card In An Samsung A127 phone

This is a prepaid phone and the money ran out on it back in August and when I went to add more money to it I get the message that the account has been disconnected. Also when I turn the phone on I get the following message " Smartchip not provisioned MM#2 "

What do I need to do in order to get this thing working again?

This is a prepaid phone and the money ran out on it back in August and when I went to add more money to it I get the message that the account has been disconnected. Also when I turn the phone on I get the following message " Smartchip not provisioned MM#2 "

What do I need to do in order to get this thing working again?

Issue With Sim Card In An Samsung A127 phone

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 10:30:59 PM
(0)
Professor

Your phone number was already deactivated. You will need to get a new SIM card, so that you can get a new number.

Your phone number was already deactivated. You will need to get a new SIM card, so that you can get a new number.

Re: Issue With Sim Card In An Samsung A127 phone

2 of 8 (310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 4:42:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
ilikewireless is correct. Your account has expired and your phone number did, too. Your current SIM card cannot be re-activated, so you will have get a new one somehow.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

ilikewireless is correct. Your account has expired and your phone number did, too. Your current SIM card cannot be re-activated, so you will have get a new one somehow.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 6:14:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

I see ATT offers one for like $6 through their store.  Would one of those work ?

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=AT%26T+SIM+Card&q_sku=sku9...

I see ATT offers one for like $6 through their store.  Would one of those work ?

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=AT%26T+SIM+Card&q_sku=sku981990#fbid=5_6eYNQ2iQa

4 of 8 (295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 6:47:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Not really sure because it doesn't specifically state "GoPhone", but I think it would work. Worst case scenario, if it doesn't, you're only out $6.

There are GoPhone SIMs for sale on eBay for a little under $3.00

Not really sure because it doesn't specifically state "GoPhone", but I think it would work. Worst case scenario, if it doesn't, you're only out $6.

There are GoPhone SIMs for sale on eBay for a little under $3.00

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 8:09:02 PM
(0)
Professor

I'm thinking that the same type of SIM card is used for prepaid and postpaid phones. The type of account would be written to the SIM card at activation time - so I guessed.

I'm thinking that the same type of SIM card is used for prepaid and postpaid phones. The type of account would be written to the SIM card at activation time - so I guessed.

6 of 8 (287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 9:12:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well I checked under the Compatible List and the A127 is listed so I might try that.

Well I checked under the Compatible List and the A127 is listed so I might try that.

7 of 8 (282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 3:13:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Alright. Sounds good.

Alright. Sounds good.

8 of 8 (272 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments