Is there some sort of Network Outage???

Expert

Re: Is there some sort of Network Outage???

Call NBS --- 800-999-5445
Message 34 of 63
Explorer

KnightBlnc wrote:
The NETWORK OUTAGE has NOT BEEN resolved.  I am the IT Director at my company and we have acorporate AT&T account and no one is getting email.  This has NOT BEEN RESOLVED.

LOLOL

I doubt that you are what you say. Anyways, everyone else is saying their internet is working. Maybe your' Company" of one should try again.

{ Please remember to keep the guidelines in mind when posting to the forum.  Everyone wants to have a positive experience while on the forums- please make sure that you are not detracting from any other user's experience. }

Message Edited by Caretaker on 09-04-2008 07:55:47 AM
Message 37 of 63

DATA Network Outage

AT&T is experiencing a DATA NETWORK outage that has been confirmed by their tech support.  This outage is effecting all devices that use the 3G or EDGE network.

Message Edited by KnightBlnc on 09-03-2008 09:52:34 AM
Message 27 of 63
Master

Re: DATA Network Outage

Already reported in this thread in the Network Coverage forum.

Message Edited by asatoran on 09-03-2008 09:57:11 AM
Message 28 of 63

So what?  It should be reported in every thread to make this an issue that AT&T should be held accountable for.  Do you know what AT&T is offering as a consolation? $1.50 a day for your troubles.
Message 32 of 63
Expert

Well that's more then you pay per day for data service, isn't it?  Smiley Indifferent
Message 35 of 63
Expert

Jameson! wrote:

KnightBlnc wrote:
     So what?  It should be reported in every thread to make this an issue that AT&T should be held accountable for.  Do you know what AT&T is offering as a consolation? $1.50 a day for your troubles.

Well that's more then you pay per day for data service, isn't it?  Smiley Indifferent

That is unless you have the $45 iPhone data plan... But generally yes that is overkill for a credit and quite generous for any carrier to give out.
Message 36 of 63
Master

I'm not sure about the op's location, but I haven't had any data issues at all today in southeastern PA. I'm even using AT&T's EDGE network to post this message via Opera Mini 4.1 on my Nokia E70-2.
Message 38 of 63

Actually I am the Director of IT Operation but by your "prig" remark I can see that is above your head.  We run an Enterprise class network with about 50 devices using various platforms, (i.e Good, Blackberry, Active Sync) and the one common denominator is that 95% of them are on the AT&T corporate account.  The outage has been in effect since yesterday at 2:30pm and has caused a major headache since we have people who use their devices as a point of contact in the field.  So before you post trivial rebuttals and give advice on subjects you might be above your head and pay scale, think.
Message 39 of 63

Actually depending on the DATA plan you pay about $45 dollars a month.  AT&T circulated a memo to their CS department that was they should credit.  It seems people were getting $10 to $15 dollars which is discreationary for CS reps.
Message 40 of 63

TT000008097189 has NOT BEEN resolved.  I just called customer service and they confirmed that the data outage is ongoing. 
Message 41 of 63
Expert

KnightBlnc wrote:
     Actually I am the Director of IT Operation but by your "prig" remark I can see that is above your head.  We run an Enterprise class network with about 50 devices using various platforms, (i.e Good, Blackberry, Active Sync) and the one common denominator is that 95% of them are on the AT&T corporate account.  The outage has been in effect since yesterday at 2:30pm and has caused a major headache since we have people who use their devices as a point of contact in the field.  So before you post trivial rebuttals and give advice on subjects you might be above your head and pay scale, think.

From time-to-time AT&T may designate certain members as a Community Leader, or other valued member of the Forum community.  This designation does not create an employee or agency relationship between AT&T and this member, does not make this member a company spokesperson, nor does it imply any endorsement of this member or this member’s postings.  Instead, the designation only allows the Forum community to know which members have been helpful, have provided constructive advice and have set a positive example and tone for the Forums.  Like any information posted on the Forums, the opinions and advice provided by these members are their own.  This content is the sole responsibility of the Community Leader or other valued member, and anything we’ve said in these Forums Usage Guidelines applies equally to the content posted by these members.
     Also Jameson is also someone that handles a larger account than you do as do a few other people on here do, so the advice he is providing is very sound and actually in by delief well below his pay scale.
The views and opinion expressed herein are not necessarily those of anyperson, even containing that there of, of the message poster.
Message 42 of 63
Expert

KnightBlnc wrote:
     Actually depending on the DATA plan you pay about $45 dollars a month.  AT&T circulated a memo to their CS department that was they should credit.  It seems people were getting $10 to $15 dollars which is discreationary for CS reps.

You are correct the corporate data plan for the iPhone is $45 a month, but even still AT&T and or any other wireless carrier offering a credit for a outtage that is less than 72 hours is quite nice of them especially that the rate of $1.50 a day.
Message 43 of 63
Former Moderator

Let's please all keep this thread on topic and courteous.

Thank you.
Message 44 of 63
Professor

Sentry wrote:
TT000008097189 has been resolved. If you continue to experience data network issues, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500.

No 3G amigo. Edge only at 17:30 eastern 2008 Sept 03. I was trying to check my e-mail and had to turn 3G off to get three messages waiting for me.
Edit: Still same deal at 19:30 eastern 2008 Sept 03 as well

PS: I called AT&T this morning at 08:00 and they said it's a negotiating issue between Apple and AT&T. I doubt that. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by josephz2va on 09-03-2008 07:28:52 PM
Message 45 of 63
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support