(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 11:05:31 AM
(0)
Expert
Call NBS --- 800-999-5445
Call NBS --- 800-999-5445

Re: Is there some sort of Network Outage???

34 of 63 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 11:39:41 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Caretaker on Sep 4, 2008 at 7:55:47 AM

KnightBlnc wrote:
The NETWORK OUTAGE has NOT BEEN resolved.  I am the IT Director at my company and we have acorporate AT&T account and no one is getting email.  This has NOT BEEN RESOLVED.

LOLOL

I doubt that you are what you say. Anyways, everyone else is saying their internet is working. Maybe your' Company" of one should try again.

{ Please remember to keep the guidelines in mind when posting to the forum.  Everyone wants to have a positive experience while on the forums- please make sure that you are not detracting from any other user's experience. }

Message Edited by Caretaker on 09-04-2008 07:55:47 AM

KnightBlnc wrote:
The NETWORK OUTAGE has NOT BEEN resolved.  I am the IT Director at my company and we have acorporate AT&T account and no one is getting email.  This has NOT BEEN RESOLVED.

LOLOL

I doubt that you are what you say. Anyways, everyone else is saying their internet is working. Maybe your' Company" of one should try again.

{ Please remember to keep the guidelines in mind when posting to the forum.  Everyone wants to have a positive experience while on the forums- please make sure that you are not detracting from any other user's experience. }

Message Edited by Caretaker on 09-04-2008 07:55:47 AM

[ Edited ]
37 of 63 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 9:49:36 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by KnightBlnc on Sep 3, 2008 at 9:52:34 AM
AT&T is experiencing a DATA NETWORK outage that has been confirmed by their tech support.  This outage is effecting all devices that use the 3G or EDGE network.

Message Edited by KnightBlnc on 09-03-2008 09:52:34 AM
AT&T is experiencing a DATA NETWORK outage that has been confirmed by their tech support.  This outage is effecting all devices that use the 3G or EDGE network.

Message Edited by KnightBlnc on 09-03-2008 09:52:34 AM

DATA Network Outage

[ Edited ]
27 of 63 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 9:55:31 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by asatoran on Sep 3, 2008 at 9:57:11 AM
Already reported in this thread in the Network Coverage forum.

Message Edited by asatoran on 09-03-2008 09:57:11 AM
Already reported in this thread in the Network Coverage forum.

Message Edited by asatoran on 09-03-2008 09:57:11 AM

Re: DATA Network Outage

[ Edited ]
28 of 63 (439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 10:53:43 AM
(0)
Tutor
So what?  It should be reported in every thread to make this an issue that AT&T should be held accountable for.  Do you know what AT&T is offering as a consolation? $1.50 a day for your troubles.
So what?  It should be reported in every thread to make this an issue that AT&T should be held accountable for.  Do you know what AT&T is offering as a consolation? $1.50 a day for your troubles.

32 of 63 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 11:13:39 AM
(0)
Expert
Well that's more then you pay per day for data service, isn't it?  Smiley Indifferent
Well that's more then you pay per day for data service, isn't it?  Smiley Indifferent

35 of 63 (424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 11:27:48 AM
(0)
Expert

Jameson! wrote:

KnightBlnc wrote:

That is unless you have the $45 iPhone data plan... But generally yes that is overkill for a credit and quite generous for any carrier to give out.

Jameson! wrote:

KnightBlnc wrote:

That is unless you have the $45 iPhone data plan... But generally yes that is overkill for a credit and quite generous for any carrier to give out.

36 of 63 (420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 11:49:04 AM
(0)
Master
I'm not sure about the op's location, but I haven't had any data issues at all today in southeastern PA. I'm even using AT&T's EDGE network to post this message via Opera Mini 4.1 on my Nokia E70-2.
I'm not sure about the op's location, but I haven't had any data issues at all today in southeastern PA. I'm even using AT&T's EDGE network to post this message via Opera Mini 4.1 on my Nokia E70-2.

38 of 63 (420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 12:27:27 PM
(0)
Tutor
Actually I am the Director of IT Operation but by your "prig" remark I can see that is above your head.  We run an Enterprise class network with about 50 devices using various platforms, (i.e Good, Blackberry, Active Sync) and the one common denominator is that 95% of them are on the AT&T corporate account.  The outage has been in effect since yesterday at 2:30pm and has caused a major headache since we have people who use their devices as a point of contact in the field.  So before you post trivial rebuttals and give advice on subjects you might be above your head and pay scale, think.
Actually I am the Director of IT Operation but by your "prig" remark I can see that is above your head.  We run an Enterprise class network with about 50 devices using various platforms, (i.e Good, Blackberry, Active Sync) and the one common denominator is that 95% of them are on the AT&T corporate account.  The outage has been in effect since yesterday at 2:30pm and has caused a major headache since we have people who use their devices as a point of contact in the field.  So before you post trivial rebuttals and give advice on subjects you might be above your head and pay scale, think.

39 of 63 (411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 12:33:23 PM
(0)
Tutor
Actually depending on the DATA plan you pay about $45 dollars a month.  AT&T circulated a memo to their CS department that was they should credit.  It seems people were getting $10 to $15 dollars which is discreationary for CS reps.
Actually depending on the DATA plan you pay about $45 dollars a month.  AT&T circulated a memo to their CS department that was they should credit.  It seems people were getting $10 to $15 dollars which is discreationary for CS reps.

40 of 63 (413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 12:41:05 PM
(0)
Tutor
TT000008097189 has NOT BEEN resolved.  I just called customer service and they confirmed that the data outage is ongoing. 
TT000008097189 has NOT BEEN resolved.  I just called customer service and they confirmed that the data outage is ongoing. 

41 of 63 (443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 2:20:16 PM
(0)
Expert

KnightBlnc wrote:

From time-to-time AT&T may designate certain members as a Community Leader, or other valued member of the Forum community.  This designation does not create an employee or agency relationship between AT&T and this member, does not make this member a company spokesperson, nor does it imply any endorsement of this member or this member’s postings.  Instead, the designation only allows the Forum community to know which members have been helpful, have provided constructive advice and have set a positive example and tone for the Forums.  Like any information posted on the Forums, the opinions and advice provided by these members are their own.  This content is the sole responsibility of the Community Leader or other valued member, and anything we’ve said in these Forums Usage Guidelines applies equally to the content posted by these members.
     Also Jameson is also someone that handles a larger account than you do as do a few other people on here do, so the advice he is providing is very sound and actually in by delief well below his pay scale.
The views and opinion expressed herein are not necessarily those of anyperson, even containing that there of, of the message poster.

KnightBlnc wrote:

From time-to-time AT&T may designate certain members as a Community Leader, or other valued member of the Forum community.  This designation does not create an employee or agency relationship between AT&T and this member, does not make this member a company spokesperson, nor does it imply any endorsement of this member or this member’s postings.  Instead, the designation only allows the Forum community to know which members have been helpful, have provided constructive advice and have set a positive example and tone for the Forums.  Like any information posted on the Forums, the opinions and advice provided by these members are their own.  This content is the sole responsibility of the Community Leader or other valued member, and anything we’ve said in these Forums Usage Guidelines applies equally to the content posted by these members.
     Also Jameson is also someone that handles a larger account than you do as do a few other people on here do, so the advice he is providing is very sound and actually in by delief well below his pay scale.
The views and opinion expressed herein are not necessarily those of anyperson, even containing that there of, of the message poster.

42 of 63 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 2:22:25 PM
(0)
Expert

KnightBlnc wrote:

You are correct the corporate data plan for the iPhone is $45 a month, but even still AT&T and or any other wireless carrier offering a credit for a outtage that is less than 72 hours is quite nice of them especially that the rate of $1.50 a day.

KnightBlnc wrote:

You are correct the corporate data plan for the iPhone is $45 a month, but even still AT&T and or any other wireless carrier offering a credit for a outtage that is less than 72 hours is quite nice of them especially that the rate of $1.50 a day.

43 of 63 (428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 3:24:06 PM
(0)
Former Moderator
Let's please all keep this thread on topic and courteous.

Thank you.
Let's please all keep this thread on topic and courteous.

Thank you.

44 of 63 (410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 4:20:55 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by josephz2va on Sep 3, 2008 at 4:28:52 PM

Sentry wrote:
TT000008097189 has been resolved. If you continue to experience data network issues, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500.

No 3G amigo. Edge only at 17:30 eastern 2008 Sept 03. I was trying to check my e-mail and had to turn 3G off to get three messages waiting for me.
Edit: Still same deal at 19:30 eastern 2008 Sept 03 as well

PS: I called AT&T this morning at 08:00 and they said it's a negotiating issue between Apple and AT&T. I doubt that. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by josephz2va on 09-03-2008 07:28:52 PM

Sentry wrote:
TT000008097189 has been resolved. If you continue to experience data network issues, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500.

No 3G amigo. Edge only at 17:30 eastern 2008 Sept 03. I was trying to check my e-mail and had to turn 3G off to get three messages waiting for me.

PS: I called AT&T this morning at 08:00 and they said it's a negotiating issue between Apple and AT&T. I doubt that. Smiley Tongue

[ Edited ]
45 of 63 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 4:28:53 PM
(0)
Professor
As a corporate user, you should be able to contact your AT&T business rep that your company does business with to resolve any business issues, and handle them in accordance to the SLAs with your business contracts.
As a corporate user, you should be able to contact your AT&T business rep that your company does business with to resolve any business issues, and handle them in accordance to the SLAs with your business contracts.

46 of 63 (398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 5:06:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

josephz2va wrote:

Sentry wrote:

3g is again out for me as well in Baltimore.
John

josephz2va wrote:

Sentry wrote:

3g is again out for me as well in Baltimore.
John

47 of 63 (393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 5:29:59 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by calif1mc on Sep 3, 2008 at 5:43:28 PM
Nope, there are quite a few, but ours actually work right here Smiley Wink

Message Edited by calif1mc on 09-03-2008 05:43:28 PM
Nope, there are quite a few, but ours actually work right here Smiley Wink

Message Edited by calif1mc on 09-03-2008 05:43:28 PM

[ Edited ]
48 of 63 (401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 7:24:03 PM
(0)
Guru
3G data in washington dc is still basically down.  I've tried 2 different 3 g phone and they are both only getting consistent data when they fall back to EDGE
3G data in washington dc is still basically down.  I've tried 2 different 3 g phone and they are both only getting consistent data when they fall back to EDGE

49 of 63 (387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2008 7:28:32 PM
(0)
Scholar
I'm in Baltimore and 3g data is down again for me as well.
John
I'm in Baltimore and 3g data is down again for me as well.
John

50 of 63 (385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2008 3:25:54 AM
(0)
Professor
Just woke up and the servers back up. Yeay!
06:20 est 04 sept 08
Just woke up and the servers back up. Yeay!
06:20 est 04 sept 08

51 of 63 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2008 9:12:22 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by KnightBlnc on Sep 4, 2008 at 9:29:09 AM
Well then Jameson has to learn some manners.  As of yesterday when he made his pendantic comment our device users had still not received any email.  So as a forum leader he should know better.  I am on the Microsoft Technical Advisory Council and I don't go around belittling others.

Message Edited by KnightBlnc on 09-04-2008 09:29:09 AM
Well then Jameson has to learn some manners.  As of yesterday when he made his pendantic comment our device users had still not received any email.  So as a forum leader he should know better.  I am on the Microsoft Technical Advisory Council and I don't go around belittling others.

Message Edited by KnightBlnc on 09-04-2008 09:29:09 AM

[ Edited ]
52 of 63 (540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2008 12:33:30 PM
(0)
Expert
Belittling?    A little thin skinned are we?   You mentioned you were offered $1.50/day worth of credit.   I pointed out that your cost for data service is $1.50/day at most.   That's belittling?   Smiley Indifferent
Belittling?    A little thin skinned are we?   You mentioned you were offered $1.50/day worth of credit.   I pointed out that your cost for data service is $1.50/day at most.   That's belittling?   Smiley Indifferent

53 of 63 (524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2008 9:41:14 PM
(0)
Contributor
It's 12:38 AM here in NE PA.  I have not had any EDGE service now for several hours.  I'm just out of 3G range so I can't say if that network is working or not.  Seems ATT a serious network outage problem.
It's 12:38 AM here in NE PA.  I have not had any EDGE service now for several hours.  I'm just out of 3G range so I can't say if that network is working or not.  Seems ATT a serious network outage problem.

54 of 63 (488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2008 8:26:59 AM
(0)
Contributor
I live in NYC
And since last night, there is no 3G service.  Well there is, except that as soon as the phone switches to 3G, nothing works. NOTHING.

But everything works once I go to the basement and have it switch to EDGE.

Whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I live in NYC
And since last night, there is no 3G service.  Well there is, except that as soon as the phone switches to 3G, nothing works. NOTHING.

But everything works once I go to the basement and have it switch to EDGE.

Whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55 of 63 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2008 8:41:50 AM
(0)
Contributor
3G is still out around my house. I live in Wisconsin. It has been out since Sep. 3 when they claimed to have fixed the problem. The only way I can get my phone to work is through Edge
3G is still out around my house. I live in Wisconsin. It has been out since Sep. 3 when they claimed to have fixed the problem. The only way I can get my phone to work is through Edge

56 of 63 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2008 1:03:32 AM
(0)
Contributor
I'm in Portland Oregon. 3G was working fine, but about 30 minutes ago (1:00am PDT) 3G went kaput. My phone shows it's connected on HSDPA with full strength, but it can't connect to anything, it just times out. EDGE on the other hand still works fine...
I'm in Portland Oregon. 3G was working fine, but about 30 minutes ago (1:00am PDT) 3G went kaput. My phone shows it's connected on HSDPA with full strength, but it can't connect to anything, it just times out. EDGE on the other hand still works fine...

57 of 63 (449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2008 8:30:05 AM
(0)
Guru
Washington DC seems to be pretty much back to normal.  it most parts of the city I am now getting about 500 to 700 kbps.  Not what ATT advertises for 3G, but better than Edge.
Washington DC seems to be pretty much back to normal.  it most parts of the city I am now getting about 500 to 700 kbps.  Not what ATT advertises for 3G, but better than Edge.

58 of 63 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2008 9:28:05 PM
(0)
Voyager
Tucson, Arizona has been out for 2 days now. I know 5 people other than myself that are unable to send or receive any (or very little, it's very spotty) data on their phones.
Tucson, Arizona has been out for 2 days now. I know 5 people other than myself that are unable to send or receive any (or very little, it's very spotty) data on their phones.

59 of 63 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2008 4:33:55 AM
(0)
Contributor
I live in Ohio and I was told they were trying to update the towers for all the new 3G service.  I was without my phone for most of the day yesterday.
I live in Ohio and I was told they were trying to update the towers for all the new 3G service.  I was without my phone for most of the day yesterday.

60 of 63 (392 Views)