Is there some sort of Network Outage???

Tutor

Is there some sort of Network Outage???

Hey all,

Is there some sort of network outage??  I am in NJ, and it's 6:30am.  Got up to go to work at 4:30am and I've not been able to get to the net or get emails at all.  Nothing.

I called support (after hours support) and they cryptically mentioned there may be outages around.......

Anyone else?

Ross

Message 1 of 63 (1,791 Views)
Explorer

Re: Is there some sort of Network Outage???

I'm having a similar problem in St. Louis at 6:00 am Central time.

Steve
Message 2 of 63 (1,770 Views)
Tutor

i am on with AT&T Tech support right now.......they opened at 7am EST.

Message 3 of 63 (1,769 Views)
Tutor

I was in PA, came to work in NJ and same thing. Not since 5:30 PM yesterday have I been able to get email or access the internet.

Glad it's not just me!
Message 4 of 63 (1,764 Views)
Tutor

Spoke to AT&T tech and they had me do a soft reset, reset the network, blah blah, a few times.  she saw on her end that the phone was trying to connect to the network, but nothing happened. 

Then she xfers me to iPhone support at Apple.  He tried the same things, and also nothing happened. 

So now (7:27am EST) I am being xferred back to AT&T along with the Apple rep on the phone.

I am gonna shoot for a new phone at this point.  The phone is only a few days old (got it on 8/25!)

Will update soon.
Message 5 of 63 (1,764 Views)
Tutor

kakiser56:

What's odd about this is that at no point did either rep say there was a service outage with the Edge or 3G networks, so it's weird that you and I are both having some issues, you know?

Message 6 of 63 (1,762 Views)
Contributor

Reporting here from northern Virginia and Washington DC.  No data service at all since I woke up this morning.  I've tried both 3G and Edge and I'm getting no data from 22033 all the way in to 20001 areas.  Voice calls and visual voice mail works fine and I'm showing full bars throughout the region.

I've performed soft resets, turned on and off wireless services and nothing has fixed it.
Message 7 of 63 (1,753 Views)
Tutor

Second level tech support put in a trouble ticket -- She said that there have been too many calls to her about this sort of thing for there not to be a problem somewhere.

I'll hopefully get a resolution soon!
Message 8 of 63 (1,750 Views)
Scholar

No problems at all here in Mendocino County in Northwestern California.
Message 9 of 63 (1,741 Views)
Scholar

I'm in Baltimore and have been having problems accessing any internet functions on 3g for a day or two including this morning. And Edge is also not working for me this morning as well. Call service is fine on both networks but no internet/data functions are working. This is the first time for me that Edge also failed.
John
Message 10 of 63 (1,731 Views)
Tutor

My friend is also having the same issue on his iphone too. I connected the iphone and looked at the log with the iPhone configuration utility, and can see it is not able to connect to any service over the network. Works fine on Wi-Fi.
Mine is a 1st gen phone on Edge only.
Message 11 of 63 (1,484 Views)
Tutor

Lucky you! Perhaps it is only the eastern half of the country with issues.
Message 12 of 63 (1,485 Views)
Tutor

my motorola Q was slow, but at least it was consistent!!
Message 13 of 63 (1,482 Views)
Contributor

I'm having the same problems on my iphone here in central Connecticut.
Message 14 of 63 (1,484 Views)
Contributor

I don't believe it's an iPhone issue or an Apple issue.  It's a network problem on AT&T's end.  I am having same issues this morning in Kansas City, MO.  As widespread as it seems to be, it would be near impossible for Apple or the iPhone itself to have anything to do with the data connection issues.  Also considering that everyone started experiencing the problems around the same time frame gives a clue that it's network problems.
Message 15 of 63 (1,434 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.