Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 8, 2011
2:13:27 PM
View profile
Is there anyway to play mp4 videos on the LG Prime?

I have an LG Prime and as far as I know it only plays 3gp, but the quality is kinda bad compared to an mp4 video file, is there anyway or anything I can download to play mp4 (or any other file like mpeg, wmv) files on my Prime?
Or is there a converter that will convert my files to 3gp with the same quality?

I have an LG Prime and as far as I know it only plays 3gp, but the quality is kinda bad compared to an mp4 video file, is there anyway or anything I can download to play mp4 (or any other file like mpeg, wmv) files on my Prime?
Or is there a converter that will convert my files to 3gp with the same quality?

Is there anyway to play mp4 videos on the LG Prime?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 5:25:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
I use Handbrake with the ffdshow directshow decoding filter installed works great. (both free at www.videohelp.com) some tips: select keep aspect ratio and don't let width get above 400 or height 240. use video codec FFmpeg NOT h.264. frame rate 24 or 15. bit rate 320 works good for me. audio aac / stereo or mono / 44.1 / 128 or 96 kbps. I use these settings on tv shows (divx,xvid) music videos (flv, mpg) I'm not sure if you need to install ffdshow, try handbrake first, if it doesn't have the FFmpeg option available under video codec you may need to if you get unsuported file type on your Prime. Have Fun !
I use Handbrake with the ffdshow directshow decoding filter installed works great. (both free at www.videohelp.com) some tips: select keep aspect ratio and don't let width get above 400 or height 240. use video codec FFmpeg NOT h.264. frame rate 24 or 15. bit rate 320 works good for me. audio aac / stereo or mono / 44.1 / 128 or 96 kbps. I use these settings on tv shows (divx,xvid) music videos (flv, mpg) I'm not sure if you need to install ffdshow, try handbrake first, if it doesn't have the FFmpeg option available under video codec you may need to if you get unsuported file type on your Prime. Have Fun !

Re: Is there anyway to play mp4 videos on the LG Prime?

2 of 2 (994 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments