Is there any way I could block international calls?

Contributor

Is there any way I could block international calls?

Block international calls from being made and/or receiving them?

edit:: i have already called twice and asked them to block them & they told me they did buut they can still be made and received.

edit #2:: i called customer service for the 3rd time and they finally blocked them from being made.

Message Edited by pixeth on 01-12-2008 11:32:35 AM

Message Edited by pixeth on 01-12-2008 11:38:36 AM
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Is there any way I could block international calls?

pixeth wrote:
Block international calls from being made and/or receiving them?

You can probably block them from being made by calling customer service — AFAIK AT&T does not support Call Barring GSM feature. Incoming international calls are not any different than any incoming calls, so there's no need to block them.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

sorry! i forgot to mention i already called customer service twice asking to block them in any way and they told me they did but they seem to be a couple of liars!

Message 3 of 5
Guru

You can block international calls that require a country code.  Any country that just requires an area code (example: canada) you can't block.  Customer care can handle that 1-800-331-0500
Message 4 of 5
Teacher

suggestion, if you do not want to be charged for international calls, DON'T MAKE THEM.  customer support can block certain numbers. be an adult just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support