Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 27, 2011
7:56:11 AM
View profile
Is there a Go Phone with voicemail? If so which one?

My Iphone 4 is lost and I need to have a phone to use for an interim perios of time before buying another iphone 4 (since my upgrade is not available yet. Is there a Go Phone that has voice mail that would work in a pinch for ahwile ?

My Iphone 4 is lost and I need to have a phone to use for an interim perios of time before buying another iphone 4 (since my upgrade is not available yet. Is there a Go Phone that has voice mail that would work in a pinch for ahwile ?

Is there a Go Phone with voicemail? If so which one?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 6:09:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hme83 on Oct 28, 2011 at 6:15:23 PM

If you are talking about visual voicemail, I don't believe even an iPhone will have visual voicemail with at&t's prepaid service; so I don't believe there are any devices offered for sale as a GoPhone that are going to have the visual voicemail functionality.

If you are just talking about regular voicemail - all GoPhone accounts have access to regular voicemail via at&t's voicemail server.  It's not a function of the phone, and any GoPhone model you buy will have access to your voicemail; but I believe that customer service will need to change your account type away from an iPhone for the interim period in order for "old fashioned" voice mail to work for you. Smiley Wink

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

If you are talking about visual voicemail, I don't believe even an iPhone will have visual voicemail with at&t's prepaid service; so I don't believe there are any devices offered for sale as a GoPhone that are going to have the visual voicemail functionality.

If you are just talking about regular voicemail - all GoPhone accounts have access to regular voicemail via at&t's voicemail server.  It's not a function of the phone, and any GoPhone model you buy will have access to your voicemail; but I believe that customer service will need to change your account type away from an iPhone for the interim period in order for "old fashioned" voice mail to work for you. Smiley Wink

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is there a Go Phone with voicemail? If so which one?

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 8:43:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I'm not quite sure what visual voicemail is... Is that like a FaceTime-like voicemail, where you can virtually see the person leaving you the message on the other end speaking but you cannot speak back unless you call them back?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I'm not quite sure what visual voicemail is... Is that like a FaceTime-like voicemail, where you can virtually see the person leaving you the message on the other end speaking but you cannot speak back unless you call them back?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (764 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 9:55:09 PM
(0)
Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

Visual voicemail is the only voicemail option with a post-paid iPhone. How that translates to a pre-paid iPhone, is questionable.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy

Wild Banchi wrote:

Visual voicemail is the only voicemail option with a post-paid iPhone. How that translates to a pre-paid iPhone, is questionable.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

4 of 7 (761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 1:15:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

I don't believe it goes so far as to be like one-sided video calling.  AFAIK, it's just the delivery method for receiving post paid iPhone voice mails - it uses data too rather than just being a phone call to at&t's voice mail server.  Beyond that I'm not quite sure how exactly it works, but basically you can just scroll through your voice mail notifications on your iPhone's screen and pick and choose which ones you want to get - by caller, etc.  Unlike calling in with the normal voice mail functionality where you basically have to listen to either the voice mail itself or the message envelope to know anything about the voice mail.

I don't know if an iPhone user on at&t's prepaid service can access their voice mail the "old fashioned" way or if at&t's voice mail just doesn't work.  IIRC, most prepaid PayGo iPhone users that I've seen address the issue have said they don't use at&t's voice mail anyway (i.e. they use Google Voice, etc.).

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

Wild Banchi wrote:

I don't believe it goes so far as to be like one-sided video calling.  AFAIK, it's just the delivery method for receiving post paid iPhone voice mails - it uses data too rather than just being a phone call to at&t's voice mail server.  Beyond that I'm not quite sure how exactly it works, but basically you can just scroll through your voice mail notifications on your iPhone's screen and pick and choose which ones you want to get - by caller, etc.  Unlike calling in with the normal voice mail functionality where you basically have to listen to either the voice mail itself or the message envelope to know anything about the voice mail.

I don't know if an iPhone user on at&t's prepaid service can access their voice mail the "old fashioned" way or if at&t's voice mail just doesn't work.  IIRC, most prepaid PayGo iPhone users that I've seen address the issue have said they don't use at&t's voice mail anyway (i.e. they use Google Voice, etc.).

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

5 of 7 (748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 1:59:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Thank you for your brief summary, hme83. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

6 of 7 (745 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 9:06:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

Wild Banchi wrote:

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

7 of 7 (733 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments