Posted Oct 22, 2011
10:35:49 PM
View profile
Is the iPhone 4S purchased at full price (without renewing AT&T contact) unlocked?

Hi,

I am not eligible for a AT&T discounted updgrade now so plan to purchase the iphone 4S at full price ($649 for the 8GB).

My question is will the phone be unlocked with an At&T SIM card when I purchase at the full price?

Also, I have read reports that Apple will be selling the phone unlocked in November but without any SIM. In that case how do I get an AT&T SIM since the iphone 4S uses a Micro SIM and my current phone has a full sized SIM? Will any AT&T store sell me a micro SIM?

Thanks,

Hi,

I am not eligible for a AT&T discounted updgrade now so plan to purchase the iphone 4S at full price ($649 for the 8GB).

My question is will the phone be unlocked with an At&T SIM card when I purchase at the full price?

Also, I have read reports that Apple will be selling the phone unlocked in November but without any SIM. In that case how do I get an AT&T SIM since the iphone 4S uses a Micro SIM and my current phone has a full sized SIM? Will any AT&T store sell me a micro SIM?

Thanks,

Is the iPhone 4S purchased at full price (without renewing AT&T contact) unlocked?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 4:37:02 AM
(0)
Professor

coolamty wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

the iphone 4S only comes in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB..just go to any corporate store or any AT&T store they will sell you a mini sim card price is 20$ to 25$ i think.    

On the other hand, if you wish to get a factory-unlocked contract-free iPhone 4S, then it’ll cost you $649, $749 and $849 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models respectively. All models are available in two colors: black and white.

coolamty wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

the iphone 4S only comes in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB..just go to any corporate store or any AT&T store they will sell you a mini sim card price is 20$ to 25$ i think.    

On the other hand, if you wish to get a factory-unlocked contract-free iPhone 4S, then it’ll cost you $649, $749 and $849 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models respectively. All models are available in two colors: black and white.

hello!!!

Re: Is the iPhone 4S purchased at full price (without renewing AT&T contact) unlocked?

2 of 4 (2,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 5:07:16 AM
(0)
Mentor

AT&T does not sell unlocked iPhones, never has.

Only Apple sells unlocked versions of the iPhone.  Currently they only sell an unlocked iPhone4.  The unlocked 4S will not be available until sometime in November.

AT&T does not sell unlocked iPhones, never has.

Only Apple sells unlocked versions of the iPhone.  Currently they only sell an unlocked iPhone4.  The unlocked 4S will not be available until sometime in November.

Re: Is the iPhone 4S purchased at full price (without renewing AT&T contact) unlocked?

3 of 4 (2,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 5:12:54 AM
(0)
Master

There were some reports that ATT iphones purchased at full price on launch day were unlocked?  Users reported seeing a message in itunes telling them that there iphones were unlocked even after activating on ATT.  What is unkown is will that lock stay in place and/or if it was wide spread or just some issolated cases?  Your safest bet is to wait until November when Apple will sell a GSM Unlocked iPhone.  Then you will know for sure.  

If a SIM is not in the iPhone, ATT will probaly just give you one if you are using their service.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

There were some reports that ATT iphones purchased at full price on launch day were unlocked?  Users reported seeing a message in itunes telling them that there iphones were unlocked even after activating on ATT.  What is unkown is will that lock stay in place and/or if it was wide spread or just some issolated cases?  Your safest bet is to wait until November when Apple will sell a GSM Unlocked iPhone.  Then you will know for sure.  

If a SIM is not in the iPhone, ATT will probaly just give you one if you are using their service.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 4 (2,542 Views)