Posted Aug 1, 2010
2:38:17 PM
Is new 2GB data cap enough for iphone 4?

First time i have owned a smartphone, wondering if the new 2GB data cap is enough for iphone 4. I imagine i will use it a lot, do have wifi at home though.

33 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(33)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 6:13:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The data is unlimited. You can use as much as you're willing to pay for.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is new 2GB data cap enough for iphone 4?

31 of 34 (2,349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 10:31:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

johninsj wrote:

It's thinking this way that makes AT&T into monstor$.

Sure, paying for what you use generally makes sense; except when the industry's norm has shifted AWAY from the pay as you go model for the very simple reason that internet has become much cheaper than it used to be.

johninsj wrote:

Sure, paying for what you use generally makes sense; except when the industry's norm has shifted AWAY from the pay as you go model for the very simple reason that internet has become much cheaper than it used to be.

32 of 34 (2,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 11:20:43 AM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by sgreen72 on Oct 5, 2010 at 11:21:27 AM

mr.castillo wrote:

Yikes!!!! I just checked my data!

iphone 3gs

Feb - 1.7 GB

Mar - 2 GB

Apr - 2.2 GB

May - 1 GB

June - .8 GB

iphone 4

July - 2.4 GB

August - 3.1 GB

Sept - 4.7 GB

Man!!! Thats crazy! Thank you Jesus... I have unlimited Data, but seriously I don't use it that much!  >:smileysurprised:

If I only had 2 GB I would have to seriously reconsider... In July that would have been an extra 10, in August an extra $20, in September an extra $30!!!!

I think that includes the MMS data as well. Check the at&t app for you data usage.

mr.castillo wrote:

Yikes!!!! I just checked my data!

iphone 3gs

Feb - 1.7 GB

Mar - 2 GB

Apr - 2.2 GB

May - 1 GB

June - .8 GB

iphone 4

July - 2.4 GB

August - 3.1 GB

Sept - 4.7 GB

Man!!! Thats crazy! Thank you Jesus... I have unlimited Data, but seriously I don't use it that much!  >:smileysurprised:

If I only had 2 GB I would have to seriously reconsider... In July that would have been an extra 10, in August an extra $20, in September an extra $30!!!!

I think that includes the MMS data as well. Check the at&t app for you data usage.

[ Edited ]
33 of 34 (2,309 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 11:34:50 AM
(0)
Professor

FireFish wrote:

johninsj wrote:

You should read up on the Industry and what AT&T's competitors are doing before making that statement.

Verizon and Sprint both have stated that they plan to move to capped data services over the next couple of years.  AT&T simply is ahead of the curve on this.

FireFish wrote:

johninsj wrote:

You should read up on the Industry and what AT&T's competitors are doing before making that statement.

Verizon and Sprint both have stated that they plan to move to capped data services over the next couple of years.  AT&T simply is ahead of the curve on this.

34 of 34 (2,298 Views)