Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 14, 2011
8:48:35 PM
View profile
Is my HTC Inspire eligible for warranty replacement?
I have only had it for 2-3 months and there are absolutely no scratches on the back and front. The problem is that it would randomly disconnect me from service and wifi when other devices literally a few feet away don't have such problems. Does that make it eligible for a replacement? Also if it is, will the replacement have scratches on it? It would suck to trade a phone with no scratches on it for one that does. Thanks in advance!
I have only had it for 2-3 months and there are absolutely no scratches on the back and front. The problem is that it would randomly disconnect me from service and wifi when other devices literally a few feet away don't have such problems. Does that make it eligible for a replacement? Also if it is, will the replacement have scratches on it? It would suck to trade a phone with no scratches on it for one that does. Thanks in advance!

Is my HTC Inspire eligible for warranty replacement?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 5:34:06 AM
(0)
Professor
Contact customer support and ask them. This is a user to user forum, any answer we give you would simply be based on our opinions and experience. It will not be a definitive response from AT&T.
Contact customer support and ask them. This is a user to user forum, any answer we give you would simply be based on our opinions and experience. It will not be a definitive response from AT&T.

Re: Is my HTC Inspire eligible for warranty replacement?

2 of 5 (8,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 8:49:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

Generally, the replacement phones are factory refurbished units, so there may be tool marks on the screws, but there should be no outward damage to the phone, it should also come with the same plastic you've seen on BNIB phones. As for the warranty, all HTC phones have a 1 year manufacturer warranty. However, most companies do advanced warranty exchanges, ie the warranty would go through att, then to htc for repair. that way you have a phone while that one is returned, ie less waiting. One thing that is VERY important however. if your phone is rooted or running a custom rom, YOU MUST RETURN TO FACTORY STOCK rooting does indeed negate the warranty but there is no seal or anything that has indicated it has been rooted. just dont send it in  rooted.

Generally, the replacement phones are factory refurbished units, so there may be tool marks on the screws, but there should be no outward damage to the phone, it should also come with the same plastic you've seen on BNIB phones. As for the warranty, all HTC phones have a 1 year manufacturer warranty. However, most companies do advanced warranty exchanges, ie the warranty would go through att, then to htc for repair. that way you have a phone while that one is returned, ie less waiting. One thing that is VERY important however. if your phone is rooted or running a custom rom, YOU MUST RETURN TO FACTORY STOCK rooting does indeed negate the warranty but there is no seal or anything that has indicated it has been rooted. just dont send it in  rooted.

3 of 5 (8,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2011 5:07:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

I got mine in April and had bad issues with it on talking and dropping calls and garbled conversations.  It is in warranty for 30 days.. but they found it was defective, and switched it out with another one.. a refurbished one!!  I bought the first one new, I was so mad I did not want a re-[furbished phone for the money I paid for a new one.  I thought it was like a dress or a new TV and there is a rip in it or a dent and you take it back and they give you another one that has been sewn up or fixed from a dent..  Sounds weird to me, I did not think that HTC Inspire was that old to have refurbished ones.  If they have a lot of refurbished ones then there is something really wrong.. since it is a new phone...

I got mine in April and had bad issues with it on talking and dropping calls and garbled conversations.  It is in warranty for 30 days.. but they found it was defective, and switched it out with another one.. a refurbished one!!  I bought the first one new, I was so mad I did not want a re-[furbished phone for the money I paid for a new one.  I thought it was like a dress or a new TV and there is a rip in it or a dent and you take it back and they give you another one that has been sewn up or fixed from a dent..  Sounds weird to me, I did not think that HTC Inspire was that old to have refurbished ones.  If they have a lot of refurbished ones then there is something really wrong.. since it is a new phone...

4 of 5 (7,762 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2011 5:57:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You can return or exchange the phone for a new one, for any reason for a period of 30 days.  Its under warranty for a year.  After the 30 day return period, they can give a refurb, or repair your phone.  If they gave you a refurb within 30 days, they screwed you.  Take it back, and demand a new one.  Or you can return it outright . .  and get a new one.

You can return or exchange the phone for a new one, for any reason for a period of 30 days.  Its under warranty for a year.  After the 30 day return period, they can give a refurb, or repair your phone.  If they gave you a refurb within 30 days, they screwed you.  Take it back, and demand a new one.  Or you can return it outright . .  and get a new one.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (7,742 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments