Is my EPIX dead?

Contributor

Is my EPIX dead?

I recently bought a backup battery for my EPIX which was working just fine, so I could have two.  Ever since I inserted it into my phone to charge it up, the phone has not operated.

I have since ditched the “new” battery and gone back to my old one that was working fine.  But still the phone won't turn on.

When I push the power button, the “Samsung” logo flashes for about 5 seconds and then it shuts down.  Then I can't even get it to do that again, unless I remove and re-insert the battery.

the LED has been doing some funny things.  if I let it sit after a failed attempt to start up, it sometimes flashes purple and red for a few seconds and then it turns blue.  when it's blue, the power button still does nothing. I still ahve to remove the battery to get it to even “try” to turn on.  I can find nothing in the user guide about blue or purple LED status.

I've tried the hard reset (holding down the H key while I turn it on) with the same results.

Is my phone dead?  Is there anything else I can try?

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Is my EPIX dead?

That phone has been plagued with issues. I used to own one. Apart from calling samsung and hoping they could help you, I doubt there is much you can do
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Is my EPIX dead?

If you cannot hard reset the phone, there really is not much you can do. You can try removing the battery and SIM card for a prolonged period of time and try turning the phone back on, but if nothing happens, it sounds pretty close to "dead" to me...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support