Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 28, 2011
9:03:47 AM
View profile
Is my EPIX dead?

I recently bought a backup battery for my EPIX which was working just fine, so I could have two.  Ever since I inserted it into my phone to charge it up, the phone has not operated.

I have since ditched the “new” battery and gone back to my old one that was working fine.  But still the phone won't turn on.

When I push the power button, the “Samsung” logo flashes for about 5 seconds and then it shuts down.  Then I can't even get it to do that again, unless I remove and re-insert the battery.

the LED has been doing some funny things.  if I let it sit after a failed attempt to start up, it sometimes flashes purple and red for a few seconds and then it turns blue.  when it's blue, the power button still does nothing. I still ahve to remove the battery to get it to even “try” to turn on.  I can find nothing in the user guide about blue or purple LED status.

I've tried the hard reset (holding down the H key while I turn it on) with the same results.

Is my phone dead?  Is there anything else I can try?

I recently bought a backup battery for my EPIX which was working just fine, so I could have two.  Ever since I inserted it into my phone to charge it up, the phone has not operated.

I have since ditched the “new” battery and gone back to my old one that was working fine.  But still the phone won't turn on.

When I push the power button, the “Samsung” logo flashes for about 5 seconds and then it shuts down.  Then I can't even get it to do that again, unless I remove and re-insert the battery.

the LED has been doing some funny things.  if I let it sit after a failed attempt to start up, it sometimes flashes purple and red for a few seconds and then it turns blue.  when it's blue, the power button still does nothing. I still ahve to remove the battery to get it to even “try” to turn on.  I can find nothing in the user guide about blue or purple LED status.

I've tried the hard reset (holding down the H key while I turn it on) with the same results.

Is my phone dead?  Is there anything else I can try?

Is my EPIX dead?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 2:35:12 PM
(0)
Professor
That phone has been plagued with issues. I used to own one. Apart from calling samsung and hoping they could help you, I doubt there is much you can do
That phone has been plagued with issues. I used to own one. Apart from calling samsung and hoping they could help you, I doubt there is much you can do

Re: Is my EPIX dead?

2 of 3 (494 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 7:45:06 PM
(0)
Master

If you cannot hard reset the phone, there really is not much you can do. You can try removing the battery and SIM card for a prolonged period of time and try turning the phone back on, but if nothing happens, it sounds pretty close to "dead" to me...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

If you cannot hard reset the phone, there really is not much you can do. You can try removing the battery and SIM card for a prolonged period of time and try turning the phone back on, but if nothing happens, it sounds pretty close to "dead" to me...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: Is my EPIX dead?

3 of 3 (488 Views)