Is it true ? No more 200 or 1000 text feature ?

Is it true ? No more 200 or 1000 text feature ?

Is that true that I no longer can add the feature of 200 or 100 text per month ? Either unlimited for 20 $!!!! Or nothing !!!!!

How come ?

Message 1 of 8 (1,464 Views)
Master

Re: Is it true ? No more 200 or 1000 text feature ?

Yes, this is true. The 200 and 1,000 messages plans were eliminated earlier this year from AT&T's offerings. The only options you have to choose from to use text messaging are the $20 Unlimited Messaging package, or pay-per-use, which is $.20 per text message sent/received, and $0.25 per MMS message, sent/received.

I'm not really sure why AT&T did this - perhaps they felt that more users wanted to choose the unlimited package because text messaging has now become so popular these days. I think it was not a smart move, personally.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 8 (1,456 Views)
Guru

I agree with Wild Banchi, it probably wasn't AT&T's best move. Although I'm sure AT&T has their reasons I think giving the customers more options would have been preferable.

Message 3 of 8 (1,432 Views)
Expert

I agree that this was NOT a smart move on the part of ATT. I think more options should be available.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 8 (1,397 Views)
Guru

The anymobile with the unlimited texting is a good deal but AT&T should def offer at least the 5 or the 10 dollar plan for those who text less but enough to where paying per text is not feasible.

Maybe they will bring them back.
Message 5 of 8 (1,357 Views)
Contributor

I think $20 for text is crazy. I could go with it if it included all phones I have.
Message 6 of 8 (1,278 Views)
Expert

Angela, all you need to do is swap out your Sim card to your other phones. If you have other phones on your account, such as a Family Plan, you can pay $30/mo for an Unlimited Family Messaging Plan and all phones are covered.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 7 of 8 (1,267 Views)
Contributor

I am glad that Big Blue reserrected 200 messages for 4.99. but a ten dollar option would be better.  Virgin and boost Mobile offer $50 dollar rate plans with everything. AT$T or Big Blue has always been slow to react to the market. Cingular was broken down by region and could change with new ideas quicker. They offered new rate plans and helpped innovate the market. Does anyone have 20 billion dollars to buy tmobile? They are going down next.

Message 8 of 8 (950 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.