Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone4 in USA?

Contributor

Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone4 in USA?

Hi everyone,

I have just moved to Boston area and I would like to get an unlocked iphone4 and use as a prepaid for calls and data, do you know if  it is possible? I need to get an unlocked one, because I will stay here only for a year ( my master degree)and after that I would like to take it to my country.Could anyone help me ? What should I do ?

Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone4 in USA?

ATT does not support the iPhone on prepaid plans. You can bring your own unlocked iPhone and sign up for a month to month plan without a contract. That would let you cancel at any time.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 6
Professor

You can buy unlocked iPhone 4s from Apple. They don't have a contract, so after you buy one from Apple, you can sign up for month to month with AT&T, but as youngjm said ATT doesn't support prepaid for the iPhone.
Message 3 of 6
Master

youngjm wrote:
ATT does not support the iPhone on prepaid plans. You can bring your own unlocked iPhone and sign up for a month to month plan without a contract. That would let you cancel at any time.
Month-to-month service is a very good idea. Data wouldn't work for prepaid iPhones, anyway.

OP, month-to-month postpaid service is your best bet.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

youngjm wrote:
Month-to-month service is a very good idea. Data wouldn't work for prepaid iPhones, anyway.

OP, month-to-month postpaid service is your best bet.

If you have no credit record you may be required to put a security deposit down also

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support