Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 15, 2011
11:19:38 AM
View profile
Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone4 in USA?

Hi everyone,

I have just moved to Boston area and I would like to get an unlocked iphone4 and use as a prepaid for calls and data, do you know if  it is possible? I need to get an unlocked one, because I will stay here only for a year ( my master degree)and after that I would like to take it to my country.Could anyone help me ? What should I do ?

Hi everyone,

I have just moved to Boston area and I would like to get an unlocked iphone4 and use as a prepaid for calls and data, do you know if  it is possible? I need to get an unlocked one, because I will stay here only for a year ( my master degree)and after that I would like to take it to my country.Could anyone help me ? What should I do ?

Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone4 in USA?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 12:19:12 PM
(0)
Master
ATT does not support the iPhone on prepaid plans. You can bring your own unlocked iPhone and sign up for a month to month plan without a contract. That would let you cancel at any time.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
ATT does not support the iPhone on prepaid plans. You can bring your own unlocked iPhone and sign up for a month to month plan without a contract. That would let you cancel at any time.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone4 in USA?

2 of 6 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 2:08:36 PM
(0)
Professor
You can buy unlocked iPhone 4s from Apple. They don't have a contract, so after you buy one from Apple, you can sign up for month to month with AT&T, but as youngjm said ATT doesn't support prepaid for the iPhone.
You can buy unlocked iPhone 4s from Apple. They don't have a contract, so after you buy one from Apple, you can sign up for month to month with AT&T, but as youngjm said ATT doesn't support prepaid for the iPhone.

3 of 6 (515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 8:55:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

youngjm wrote:
Month-to-month service is a very good idea. Data wouldn't work for prepaid iPhones, anyway.

OP, month-to-month postpaid service is your best bet.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

youngjm wrote:
Month-to-month service is a very good idea. Data wouldn't work for prepaid iPhones, anyway.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 10:57:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you!
Thank you!

5 of 6 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 3:36:04 PM
(0)
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

youngjm wrote:

If you have no credit record you may be required to put a security deposit down also

Wild Banchi wrote:

youngjm wrote:

If you have no credit record you may be required to put a security deposit down also

6 of 6 (432 Views)