Helpful Links

Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone4 in USA?

Contributor

Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone4 in USA?

Hi everyone,

I have just moved to Boston area and I would like to get an unlocked iphone4 and use as a prepaid for calls and data, do you know if  it is possible? I need to get an unlocked one, because I will stay here only for a year ( my master degree)and after that I would like to take it to my country.Could anyone help me ? What should I do ?

Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone4 in USA?

ATT does not support the iPhone on prepaid plans. You can bring your own unlocked iPhone and sign up for a month to month plan without a contract. That would let you cancel at any time.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 6
Professor

You can buy unlocked iPhone 4s from Apple. They don't have a contract, so after you buy one from Apple, you can sign up for month to month with AT&T, but as youngjm said ATT doesn't support prepaid for the iPhone.
Message 3 of 6
Master

youngjm wrote:
ATT does not support the iPhone on prepaid plans. You can bring your own unlocked iPhone and sign up for a month to month plan without a contract. That would let you cancel at any time.
Month-to-month service is a very good idea. Data wouldn't work for prepaid iPhones, anyway.

OP, month-to-month postpaid service is your best bet.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

youngjm wrote:
Month-to-month service is a very good idea. Data wouldn't work for prepaid iPhones, anyway.

OP, month-to-month postpaid service is your best bet.

If you have no credit record you may be required to put a security deposit down also

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support