Helpful Links

Is it possible to use Samsung Infuse with my Prepaid plan?

Tutor

Is it possible to use Samsung Infuse with my Prepaid plan?

Has anyone here tried using the Samsung Infuse with their Gophone Prepaid sim card? I've read that quite a few people use the Samsung Captivate but I'd love to get an Infuse and use it with my prepaid plan and add a data plan as well.

Hope someone knows!

Thanks.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 22
Highlighted
Master

Re: Is it possible to use Samsung Infuse with my Prepaid plan?

I was under the impression that you knew that any AT&T phone (including iPhone and BlackBerries) can be used on a GoPhone plan. Sorry if you did not know that or I failed to mention it earlier. Smiley Tongue

That's nice that the female employee let you see her own personal Inspire - a salesman in Target let me hold his iPhone 4 last year around Thanksgiving time and I thought that was really cool. To be honest, I was afraid that I might drop it. Smiley Tongue

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 16 of 22
Tutor

All three people who worked at the AT&T store were really nice - I was really impressed by how friendly and helpful they were!Smiley Happy

I did know you could use any of the AT&T phone with your GoPhone account if you only wanted to use them for talk and texting but it was using data that I was unsure about. Now I know that if my current sim card doesn't work with whatever phone I decide to get with data that they will be able to program another sim to my account that will work.

It is so nice when you have friendly and helpful clerks in stores instead of the kind that are surly and act like even talking to you is causing them pain.

Still haven't decided for sure which phone I want to get. I've looked at so many phones on eBay today that I'm actually getting sick of phones! I did bid on a couple of Samsung Impuse auctions but was outbid both times. On one of them I waiting until the last 10 seconds to bid and was still outbid. It might take awhile to find one.

Message 17 of 22
Master

You could always check Criagslist for your local area to see if there are any Infuses available for sale. I traded my iPod Touch for my iPhone from a seller that contacted me via e-mail who replied my trade listing. A couple days later, we both had a new toy. Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 22

Wild Banchi wrote:
You could always check Criagslist for your local area to see if there are any Infuses available for sale. I traded my iPod Touch for my iPhone from a seller that contacted me via e-mail who replied my trade listing. A couple days later, we both had a new toy. Smiley Wink

I just bought a used Infuse online today from Cowboom for under $200.  Appears to be their regular price.

I know a lot of people complain about buying from Cowboom, but I just recently bought a Captivate for my wife from them, and it came exactly as described.  Took about a week to go from Texas to Michigan with the free shipping option.

I've read that if you can find a phone on their website with nothing posted in the "Notes" section, then that means that it's essentially mint.  The one I picked was listed as having "fine scratches on sides & bottom", and I was fine with that (I just didn't want a scratched screen).  

Be aware that, if you buy from them, all you'll probably get is the phone & battery.  No cables or accessories.

Message 19 of 22
Tutor

We don't really have a local Craig's list as we live in a very rural area. The nearest one is Taos/Santa Fe and that has mostly listings from Santa Fe which is 150 miles away. Taos is only 65 miles away which isn't bad.

Anyway, I bought a Motorola Atrix 2 - decided I liked it better than the Samsungs. The screen size is just right at 4.3 inches and it runs on the newest Gingerbread platform. At first it didn't work with the data plan with my prepaid account but after some research on the internet I figured out how to get it hooked up to the GoPhone data plan. I had to add a new APN with the correct settings to access the data in the GoPhone data package. Everything is working perfectly now!

I even found a Widget called Super Power Control that lets you shut the wireless and data plans off and on separately which is really handy. I can turn the data useage off and not worry that the phone is using data to update itself if it doesn't have any wireless connection.

So, now everything works really well on it and I'm really happy with it. The screen is beautiful, it's SUPER fast and I've kind of fallen in love with it! Now, I just need to find a nice case to carry it around with me so I don't have to worry about breaking it.

Now that I know you can add a new APN to the mobile networks area in the menus - I'm sure you could get any of the Android phones to work with a GoPhone plan. At first I was really disappointed when I received the phone that I couldn't access my GoPhone data plan but it really didn't take that much research to figure out how to do it. I'm sure the AT&T store that is 20 miles from here would have helped if I couldn't figure it out but I'm glad I saved myself the trip and learned a lot about setting phones up in the process!

I'm liking this phone so much - I wish I would have gotten one of the smart phones a long time ago!

Message 20 of 22
Master

It makes me happy to hear that you're enjoying the "prepaid advantage". It's fairly cheap to use your phone, too, compared to paying at least $55 plus taxes every month for a basic 450 minutes plan and 200MB data plan.

You've got a great setup, and I hope you'll stay satisfied with what it provides for you. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 22
Contributor

Yes im useding a samsung infuse 4g and it works good with web its kind of slow tho but it works
Message 22 of 22
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support