Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 6, 2010
10:34:51 AM
View profile
Is it possible to have iPhone ring to the Bluetooth instead of speaker?

On my old WinMobile phone, when my bluetooth earpice was connected, the phone rang to my earpiece instead of the phone's speakers.

Is it possible to also have this on my iPhone?

I don't want to put the iPhone into Silent mode. I would just rather have the ringer audio be on my bluetooth earpiece if it is connected.

On my old WinMobile phone, when my bluetooth earpice was connected, the phone rang to my earpiece instead of the phone's speakers.

Is it possible to also have this on my iPhone?

I don't want to put the iPhone into Silent mode. I would just rather have the ringer audio be on my bluetooth earpiece if it is connected.

Is it possible to have iPhone ring to the Bluetooth instead of speaker?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 10:43:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I'm not sure about bt headsets, but this happens in my car bluetooth handsfree... the car rings. The first time it happened it took me several rings of my car to figure out what was going on Smiley Tongue

I'm not sure about bt headsets, but this happens in my car bluetooth handsfree... the car rings. The first time it happened it took me several rings of my car to figure out what was going on Smiley Tongue

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is it possible to have iPhone ring to the Bluetooth instead of speaker?

2 of 5 (684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 10:57:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

From my limited experience with my iPhones and headsets, when the phone rings, it sends an audble ring to the headset.  I believe that it also still rings the phone, unless the phone is set to silent mode, but the audible ring is still sent to the headset.  I have used my iPhones mostly with wired headsets, but I have used a ew bluetooth ones for short periods.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

From my limited experience with my iPhones and headsets, when the phone rings, it sends an audble ring to the headset.  I believe that it also still rings the phone, unless the phone is set to silent mode, but the audible ring is still sent to the headset.  I have used my iPhones mostly with wired headsets, but I have used a ew bluetooth ones for short periods.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 11:15:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

My bluetooth earpiece announces the call so I can get notification that way, no problem.

I just don't want the phone to ring out loud while my bluetooth earpiece is connected.  This was exactly how it worked on my WinMo phone.  If I stepped out of range, the phone would ring through its speaker, but as soon as I got back in range, it would ring on the bluetooth.

My bluetooth earpiece announces the call so I can get notification that way, no problem.

I just don't want the phone to ring out loud while my bluetooth earpiece is connected.  This was exactly how it worked on my WinMo phone.  If I stepped out of range, the phone would ring through its speaker, but as soon as I got back in range, it would ring on the bluetooth.

4 of 5 (648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 11:38:52 AM
(0)
Master

I just tried it using an iPHone 4 and a Jawbone Icon and when the iPHone is not set to silent, both the phone and headset would ring.

Not sure if some combination of settings would accomplish you wish other than flipping the silent switch.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

I just tried it using an iPHone 4 and a Jawbone Icon and when the iPHone is not set to silent, both the phone and headset would ring.

Not sure if some combination of settings would accomplish you wish other than flipping the silent switch.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

5 of 5 (634 Views)