Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 25, 2010
3:08:57 PM
View profile
Is anyone having trouble with Notes on their iPhone4?

I am using Notes on my iPhone4 and when my note/list is complete I press "done" and it saves it, but when I come back later to add to the list, only a few lines of the original list are there.  I have also tried to add to short lists, saved the added info, only to go back to the list later and the added info is missing.   Our iPhone3G is not having this problem.

I am using Notes on my iPhone4 and when my note/list is complete I press "done" and it saves it, but when I come back later to add to the list, only a few lines of the original list are there.  I have also tried to add to short lists, saved the added info, only to go back to the list later and the added info is missing.   Our iPhone3G is not having this problem.

Is anyone having trouble with Notes on their iPhone4?

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 3:16:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

Mine seems to be saving the notes properly, I created a long list and saved it, then added more and all the info was still there when I went back to it.

Mine seems to be saving the notes properly, I created a long list and saved it, then added more and all the info was still there when I went back to it.

Re: Is anyone having trouble with Notes on their iPhone4?

2 of 16 (1,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 5:30:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

Notes is working properly for me also on my iPhone 4.  I've created several notes in the past and everything is still there.

Notes is working properly for me also on my iPhone 4.  I've created several notes in the past and everything is still there.

3 of 16 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 5:34:25 PM
(0)
Guru
My wifes iPhone 4 is acting up, when she changes a note and hits done, it says it saved it but when you go back in it didn't save it.
My wifes iPhone 4 is acting up, when she changes a note and hits done, it says it saved it but when you go back in it didn't save it.

4 of 16 (986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 5:51:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

Apparently others are having this same issue.  I found a thread about it on the Apple Support forum.  No solution is listed.  I am no on hold with Apple.  I will post their response for you.

Apparently others are having this same issue.  I found a thread about it on the Apple Support forum.  No solution is listed.  I am no on hold with Apple.  I will post their response for you.

5 of 16 (966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 7:06:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I had a note that mysteriously was deleted.  The Apple techie told me that it could only delete if I hit the trash can icon.  I did not do that, as far as I am aware, and would seem hard to do by mistake since done and the trash can are nowhere near each other.

I had a note that mysteriously was deleted.  The Apple techie told me that it could only delete if I hit the trash can icon.  I did not do that, as far as I am aware, and would seem hard to do by mistake since done and the trash can are nowhere near each other.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 16 (939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 8:34:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well, Apple tech support was a bit befuddled, as if they hadn't heard of the problem.  They had me backup to my itunes and do a general reset.  It seemed repaired, but I wasn't convinced because the mysterious missing notes happen after a bit of time.  Sure enough, the problem was back after a couple of hours.  I tried to call Apple again, but they were closed for the evening.  So, my 'fix' was to go to the App store and download a free app for taking notes.  We'll see how that 'fix' works.

Well, Apple tech support was a bit befuddled, as if they hadn't heard of the problem.  They had me backup to my itunes and do a general reset.  It seemed repaired, but I wasn't convinced because the mysterious missing notes happen after a bit of time.  Sure enough, the problem was back after a couple of hours.  I tried to call Apple again, but they were closed for the evening.  So, my 'fix' was to go to the App store and download a free app for taking notes.  We'll see how that 'fix' works.

7 of 16 (923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 11:35:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

When you are looking at the list of notes, click on "Accounts" on the top left and make sure you are only using "On My iPhone".

When you are looking at the list of notes, click on "Accounts" on the top left and make sure you are only using "On My iPhone".

8 of 16 (885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 12:03:07 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Jettubby on Jul 26, 2010 at 12:04:01 AM

I loved to use Notes but I found out that you can't sync it with anything except outlook notes and I don't use Outlook. So I switched to a Free note program called "Simplenote". I like it because it automatically syncs with an HTML version you can bring up on a browser. So I can enter data on my desktop and when I start the program on my iPhone it automatically syncs or vice versa. No ads and it's free. I like it. FYI.   Smiley Wink

I loved to use Notes but I found out that you can't sync it with anything except outlook notes and I don't use Outlook. So I switched to a Free note program called "Simplenote". I like it because it automatically syncs with an HTML version you can bring up on a browser. So I can enter data on my desktop and when I start the program on my iPhone it automatically syncs or vice versa. No ads and it's free. I like it. FYI.   Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
9 of 16 (875 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:23:39 AM
(0)
Scholar
In the notes check the accounts menu if you have
More than one email like gmail also has a note section
In the notes check the accounts menu if you have
More than one email like gmail also has a note section

10 of 16 (853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:27:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Jettubby wrote:

I loved to use Notes but I found out that you can't sync it with anything except outlook notes and I don't use Outlook. So I switched to a Free note program called "Simplenote".

Evernote is also free in the app store, and syncs to the cloud automagically (and can be accessed via the web, where you can also add/edit notes - then they sync back to the phone.

http://www.evernote.com/

Jettubby wrote:

I loved to use Notes but I found out that you can't sync it with anything except outlook notes and I don't use Outlook. So I switched to a Free note program called "Simplenote".

Evernote is also free in the app store, and syncs to the cloud automagically (and can be accessed via the web, where you can also add/edit notes - then they sync back to the phone.

http://www.evernote.com/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 16 (572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 8:04:01 AM
(0)
Mentor
I'm having the same problem. My sister is also, but she is on a 3gs...which leads me to believe it must be a software issue and not just a iphone 4 issue.
I'm having the same problem. My sister is also, but she is on a 3gs...which leads me to believe it must be a software issue and not just a iphone 4 issue.

12 of 16 (558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 8:24:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

No issues here saves my shopping lists and they are still there when I get to the store.

No issues here saves my shopping lists and they are still there when I get to the store.

13 of 16 (548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 4:21:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Imrac wrote:

OK.  I looked at the "Accounts" area (never noticed this before).  When I selected on my iPhone, one note showed up.  That is the note that keeps deleting itself.  The other note shows as being a Yahoo! note.  That note remains stable.  Do you have any more insight?  I don't know what is causing my first note to disappear.  Also, does the Yahoo! note access the internet everytime I update it from the phone?

Imrac wrote:

OK.  I looked at the "Accounts" area (never noticed this before).  When I selected on my iPhone, one note showed up.  That is the note that keeps deleting itself.  The other note shows as being a Yahoo! note.  That note remains stable.  Do you have any more insight?  I don't know what is causing my first note to disappear.  Also, does the Yahoo! note access the internet everytime I update it from the phone?

14 of 16 (525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:34:16 PM
(0)
Scholar
I use the Notes ap on the iPhone all the time and have never noticed a problem.
I use the Notes ap on the iPhone all the time and have never noticed a problem.

15 of 16 (513 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 11:15:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

I looked for "Accounts" on my Notes list, and I do not have thatoption on my iPhone4.  However, I did stumble onto a repair that is probably the same idea. 

Those who are having the problem should go the their iPhone settings, select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars," select your e-mail account, turn off Notes.  This seemed to solve the problem for me.  My notes that I was having trouble with have disappeared, but I had pasted them into free notes App.  I replaced them and they seem to be complete and staying that way.

I hope this helps those of you dealing with this issue. 

I looked for "Accounts" on my Notes list, and I do not have thatoption on my iPhone4.  However, I did stumble onto a repair that is probably the same idea. 

Those who are having the problem should go the their iPhone settings, select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars," select your e-mail account, turn off Notes.  This seemed to solve the problem for me.  My notes that I was having trouble with have disappeared, but I had pasted them into free notes App.  I replaced them and they seem to be complete and staying that way.

I hope this helps those of you dealing with this issue. 

16 of 16 (493 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments