Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 6, 2012
4:07:12 AM
View profile
Is anybody excited about grabbing a Lumia 900 this weekend?
Edited by Paolo01 on Apr 6, 2012 at 4:13:57 AM

I am not sure what happened to these boards, but they used to hum with excitement around the release of a new phone. This Nokia board barely gets a new post a day. Anyway, is anybody tradding there whatever phone in for a new Lumia this weekend?

I am planning on replacing my Samsung Focus (love my Focus) as well as my wife's IPhone.

My wife will keep the Lumia for years, however, I am planning on going for a "hero" version of whatever Nokia releases this fall with WP8. My Focus though is ready for an update. It is still a great phone, but it is running low on memory and has been on the receiving end of a few ugly drops.

I am not sure what happened to these boards, but they used to hum with excitement around the release of a new phone. This Nokia board barely gets a new post a day. Anyway, is anybody tradding there whatever phone in for a new Lumia this weekend?

I am planning on replacing my Samsung Focus (love my Focus) as well as my wife's IPhone.

My wife will keep the Lumia for years, however, I am planning on going for a "hero" version of whatever Nokia releases this fall with WP8. My Focus though is ready for an update. It is still a great phone, but it is running low on memory and has been on the receiving end of a few ugly drops.

Is anybody excited about grabbing a Lumia 900 this weekend?

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2012 6:04:57 AM
(0)
Employee

The Lumia looks like a great phone, but I'm going to wait until the high-end version of it comes out. The 900 specs look like a cheap version of a better phone. The cheap camera, single-core processor, plastic unibody, and other outdated internals are a bit of a turn-off. However, props to Nokia and Microsoft for building an affordible phone that runs their OS. iPhone could learn a few things here. 

The Lumia looks like a great phone, but I'm going to wait until the high-end version of it comes out. The 900 specs look like a cheap version of a better phone. The cheap camera, single-core processor, plastic unibody, and other outdated internals are a bit of a turn-off. However, props to Nokia and Microsoft for building an affordible phone that runs their OS. iPhone could learn a few things here. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Is anybody excited about grabbing a Lumia 900 this weekend?

2 of 4 (692 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2012 6:07:45 AM
(0)
Employee
Also, to add to that... I'd say the device design has failed if you're already wanting to trade up one generation later, and already digging the grave for the lumia before you get it. I'm hoping one day a phone will come out that's still up to speed a few years from now.
Also, to add to that... I'd say the device design has failed if you're already wanting to trade up one generation later, and already digging the grave for the lumia before you get it. I'm hoping one day a phone will come out that's still up to speed a few years from now.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2012 1:00:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

The WP7 phone doesn't need more then one core to perform as fast (if not faster) than other phones out there. All about optimization. I've played iwth it a little bit in the local store and was impressed with the screen and how well it took pictures.

I'll probably be picking one up in a week or so

The WP7 phone doesn't need more then one core to perform as fast (if not faster) than other phones out there. All about optimization. I've played iwth it a little bit in the local store and was impressed with the screen and how well it took pictures.

I'll probably be picking one up in a week or so

4 of 4 (672 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments