Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 11, 2011
9:13:27 AM
View profile
Is AT&T Going to get the redesigned iPhone 4...anyone

Anyone know if AT&T will be getting the new redesigned iPhone 4 with new attenna design? My bet is Apple will wait until june to issue the iphone to AT&T.

Anyone know if AT&T will be getting the new redesigned iPhone 4 with new attenna design? My bet is Apple will wait until june to issue the iphone to AT&T.

Is AT&T Going to get the redesigned iPhone 4...anyone

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 9:19:14 AM
(0)
Professor

The new antenna design is more than likely just to accomadate CDMA.

The new antenna design is more than likely just to accomadate CDMA.

Re: Is AT&T Going to get the redesigned iPhone 4...anyone

2 of 6 (830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 9:23:29 AM
(0)
Professor
It's still a wraparound metal antenna with gaps between the segments, including in the lower left corner. The gap in the upper corner is moved a little, but that may be a CDMA specific thing. I don't see any reason for the performance to change.
It's still a wraparound metal antenna with gaps between the segments, including in the lower left corner. The gap in the upper corner is moved a little, but that may be a CDMA specific thing. I don't see any reason for the performance to change.

3 of 6 (816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 9:55:19 AM
(0)
Mentor

I am no engineer but I thought that the chip inside is more of factor if the phone is CDMA or GSM. I don't think changing the antenna has any impact on CDMA or GSM functionality.

I am no engineer but I thought that the chip inside is more of factor if the phone is CDMA or GSM. I don't think changing the antenna has any impact on CDMA or GSM functionality.

4 of 6 (777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 10:10:04 AM
(0)
Master

bluem1 wrote:

But the differences in frequencies can effect antenna design to properly tune them.

bluem1 wrote:

But the differences in frequencies can effect antenna design to properly tune them.

5 of 6 (752 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 12:26:07 PM
(0)
Professor

There have been photos of the iPhone 4 two GSM antenna platings which suggest an antenna redesign. As to whether it's genuine is anyone's guess. But it does fit the CDMA redesign of today's release. Below is an image of the GSM casings side by side. The bottom left photo are the GSM card slots. It's more than likely they will use the same design of the CDMA case and add the GSM slot to the design to save the cost of having two different sets in variant design.

There have been photos of the iPhone 4 two GSM antenna platings which suggest an antenna redesign. As to whether it's genuine is anyone's guess. But it does fit the CDMA redesign of today's release. Below is an image of the GSM casings side by side. The bottom left photo are the GSM card slots. It's more than likely they will use the same design of the CDMA case and add the GSM slot to the design to save the cost of having two different sets in variant design.

6 of 6 (676 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments