Iphone

Contributor

Iphone

So I am using an Iphone but I have the AT&T data plan.  I need to know what App I need to download so I can use my internet on there.  Please reply.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 12 (604 Views)
Professor

Re: Iphone

Not sure what you are asking. You don't need any app to be able to use data if you have the proper data plan. You do have the iPhone data plan don't you? That's the one you need.
Message 2 of 12 (594 Views)
Contributor

No, I have the AT&T data plan because I had an Andriod but switched to an Iphone.  I bought it from a friend.  It works fine and there is an app to download but I dont know what it is called.  I just need to get on the internet with my AT&T plan without getting the Iphone data plan.

Message 3 of 12 (590 Views)

Not going to happen. You must add an iPhone specific data plan.

Mandy213 wrote:

No, I have the AT&T data plan because I had an Andriod but switched to an Iphone.  I bought it from a friend.  It works fine and there is an app to download but I dont know what it is called.  I just need to get on the internet with my AT&T plan without getting the Iphone data plan.

Message 4 of 12 (577 Views)
Professor

Mandy213 wrote:

AT&T will find out and add the data plan for you, there is no app t oget on the net. i use Safari to get on the net. once AT&T see's you have the Iphone they will add the data plan for you. and yes they can do this. no sense in trying to **CHEAT** the system. if you can not afford the Data  plan you do not need the iphone.

Message 5 of 12 (552 Views)

So long as you're on some kind of smartphone data plan, whatever you had on your Android phone will carry over to the iPhone. If you had an unlimited smartphone data plan for Android, you can keep your unlimited plan on the iPhone. If you were on a tiered smartphone data plan, you can keep that, too. All you have to do is call CS or visit a corporate store.

If you're on any other kind of data plan (MediaMax, MediaNet), be advised that those plans are not meant for smartphones.

Mandy213 wrote:

Message 6 of 12 (521 Views)
Professor

graphite07 wrote:

Mandy213 wrote:

AT&T will find out and add the data plan for you, there is no app t oget on the net. i use Safari to get on the net. once AT&T see's you have the Iphone they will add the data plan for you. and yes they can do this. no sense in trying to **CHEAT** the system. if you can not afford the Data  plan you do not need the iphone.

Where are you getting that Mandy is trying to cheat the system?  Mandy has stated twice that she has a data plan already.  Since she is coming from an Android phone, the more likely scenario is that she didn't know that the internet browser is named "Safari" on iPhones.

Message 7 of 12 (498 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

21stNow wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

Mandy213 wrote:

Where are you getting that Mandy is trying to cheat the system?  Mandy has stated twice that she has a data plan already.  Since she is coming from an Android phone, the more likely scenario is that she didn't know that the internet browser is named "Safari" on iPhones.

.Mandy213 wrote:

She stated she does not want the Iphone data plan. looking for a APP to get on the net with out the Proper data plan is like stealing the net for free with out paying for it.

Message 8 of 12 (478 Views)
Professor

I'm still erring on the side that Mandy may be a bit confused, rather than trying to "steal" service from AT&T.  Since Mandy already has an Android data plan, maybe she thinks that she would have to add the iPhone data plan rather than simply switching the plans out. 

I'm going to stop guessing here.  Until Mandy comes back and clarifies what she needs, I don't know what her situation is.

Message 9 of 12 (448 Views)
Professor

What ever she is asking for a APP TO GET ON THE INTERNET. She needs the data plan for the iPhone.
Message 10 of 12 (402 Views)
Professor

What do you mean?  Safari is the name of the app that a user uses to browse the Internet on an iPhone.  Browser or Internet is the name of the app that Android users use to browse to the Internet on their phones.  It very well could have been that she was looking for something with an obvious name like that to open the internet browser on her iPhone.  Everyone isn't familiar with Apple's lingo, and the name "Safari" does not immediately conjure up Internet browsing to me.

Since she said that she has a data plan, but doesn't want an iPhone data plan, I still think that she was confused as to what she really needed to do.

Message 11 of 12 (202 Views)
Mentor

She had a data plan from a previous smart phone. Where did she say she was trying to cheat anything? AT&T has data plans for smartphones other than iPhones.

Don't you think it's kind of pretentious of you to stipulate the conditions on which someone else does or does not need an iPhone?
Message 12 of 12 (172 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.