Iphone upgrade

Contributor

Iphone upgrade

So I just want to confirm-we have three lines on our account and I want to use one to upgrade to an Iphone online.  But the number I'm upgrading is not who will be using the phone.  This is possible, correct?  We've done it several times before with smartphones and non-smartphones, I just want to make sure that purchasing an Iphone will work the same.  And this is the first time I've ordered online and it of course is trying to tie it to the upgraded line. 

Message 1 of 4 (422 Views)
Professor

Re: Iphone upgrade

yes you can use tha upgrade!  just get the iphone upgrade  then insert your sim card and your set. make sure AT&T adds the data plan to your account.  once the iphone is activated  remove the sim card insert yours and thats it.better to g ot oa Corporate store to do this.

 


farrett wrote:

So I just want to confirm-we have three lines on our account and I want to use one to upgrade to an Iphone online.  But the number I'm upgrading is not who will be using the phone.  This is possible, correct?  We've done it several times before with smartphones and non-smartphones, I just want to make sure that purchasing an Iphone will work the same.  And this is the first time I've ordered online and it of course is trying to tie it to the upgraded line. 


 

Message 2 of 4 (398 Views)
Professor

Re: Iphone upgrade


graphite07 wrote:

yes you can use tha upgrade!  just get the iphone upgrade  then insert your sim card and your set. make sure AT&T adds the data plan to your account.  once the iphone is activated  remove the sim card insert yours and thats it.better to g ot oa Corporate store to do this.

 


farrett wrote:

So I just want to confirm-we have three lines on our account and I want to use one to upgrade to an Iphone online.  But the number I'm upgrading is not who will be using the phone.  This is possible, correct?  We've done it several times before with smartphones and non-smartphones, I just want to make sure that purchasing an Iphone will work the same.  And this is the first time I've ordered online and it of course is trying to tie it to the upgraded line. 


 Not quite that easy since the iPhone 4 uses the new micro SIM. You're better off going to a corporate store to make the purchase.


 

Message 3 of 4 (378 Views)
Professor

Re: Iphone upgrade

yes just do the upgrade as  you would. after you activate the Iphone  remove the im card and inssert the sim card of the line it will be going on. then add the data plan  to the line the iphone went to.and insert the,then you cancil the data off the other line and your done.so you just take the sim card from the iphone insert back to the other phone.


Max69 wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

yes you can use tha upgrade!  just get the iphone upgrade  then insert your sim card and your set. make sure AT&T adds the data plan to your account.  once the iphone is activated  remove the sim card insert yours and thats it.better to g ot oa Corporate store to do this.

 


farrett wrote:

So I just want to confirm-we have three lines on our account and I want to use one to upgrade to an Iphone online.  But the number I'm upgrading is not who will be using the phone.  This is possible, correct?  We've done it several times before with smartphones and non-smartphones, I just want to make sure that purchasing an Iphone will work the same.  And this is the first time I've ordered online and it of course is trying to tie it to the upgraded line. 


 Not quite that easy since the iPhone 4 uses the new micro SIM. You're better off going to a corporate store to make the purchase.


 


 

Message 4 of 4 (288 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.