Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 24, 2011
9:15:16 PM
View profile
Iphone upgrade

So I just want to confirm-we have three lines on our account and I want to use one to upgrade to an Iphone online.  But the number I'm upgrading is not who will be using the phone.  This is possible, correct?  We've done it several times before with smartphones and non-smartphones, I just want to make sure that purchasing an Iphone will work the same.  And this is the first time I've ordered online and it of course is trying to tie it to the upgraded line. 

So I just want to confirm-we have three lines on our account and I want to use one to upgrade to an Iphone online.  But the number I'm upgrading is not who will be using the phone.  This is possible, correct?  We've done it several times before with smartphones and non-smartphones, I just want to make sure that purchasing an Iphone will work the same.  And this is the first time I've ordered online and it of course is trying to tie it to the upgraded line. 

Iphone upgrade

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 4:15:12 AM
(0)
Professor

yes you can use tha upgrade!  just get the iphone upgrade  then insert your sim card and your set. make sure AT&T adds the data plan to your account.  once the iphone is activated  remove the sim card insert yours and thats it.better to g ot oa Corporate store to do this.

farrett wrote:

yes you can use tha upgrade!  just get the iphone upgrade  then insert your sim card and your set. make sure AT&T adds the data plan to your account.  once the iphone is activated  remove the sim card insert yours and thats it.better to g ot oa Corporate store to do this.

farrett wrote:

hello!!!

Re: Iphone upgrade

2 of 4 (379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 7:32:40 AM
(0)
Professor

graphite07 wrote:

farrett wrote:

Not quite that easy since the iPhone 4 uses the new micro SIM. You're better off going to a corporate store to make the purchase.

graphite07 wrote:

farrett wrote:

Not quite that easy since the iPhone 4 uses the new micro SIM. You're better off going to a corporate store to make the purchase.

3 of 4 (359 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 6:37:31 PM
(0)
Professor

yes just do the upgrade as  you would. after you activate the Iphone  remove the im card and inssert the sim card of the line it will be going on. then add the data plan  to the line the iphone went to.and insert the,then you cancil the data off the other line and your done.so you just take the sim card from the iphone insert back to the other phone.

Max69 wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

farrett wrote:

yes just do the upgrade as  you would. after you activate the Iphone  remove the im card and inssert the sim card of the line it will be going on. then add the data plan  to the line the iphone went to.and insert the,then you cancil the data off the other line and your done.so you just take the sim card from the iphone insert back to the other phone.

Max69 wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

farrett wrote:

hello!!!

4 of 4 (269 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments