Iphone upgrade question

Highlighted
Contributor

Iphone upgrade question

I have an Iphone 4, I am due for an upgrade. Is my only option to upgrade to the 4S or can I up grade to an Android? I would like to switch, but need tyo know if I can first. Thanks :-)

Message 1 of 4 (644 Views)
Professor

Re: Iphone upgrade question

If you are eligible for an upgrade, you should be able to get any phone you want. You aren't required to upgrade to another iPhone.
Message 2 of 4 (634 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

A followup question from someone else planning to go from an iPhone4 to an Android phone (for hthe wife, I already use Android) ...

Can I still use the iPhone every now and then? All the time?

Here's what I really intend to do -
We have a family plan, and I intend to use the wife's upgrade eligibility to get a discounted Samsung Skyrocket or HTC One X to replace my very middle-of-the-road still stuck-on-Froyo Samsung Infuse. She will continue to use the iPhone4. Will this cause issues? Her number/microSim will remain in the iPhone 4, and I will merely transfer my SIM from the Infuse to the new Android device.

I know the data plans are listed differently, but they cost the same for 2GB!

Why, oh WHY does AT&T not offer a bring-your-own device discount? I'd happily switch phones as and when I wished, or not at all, and not feel ripped off for paying the hidden subsidy every month!

Message 3 of 4 (566 Views)
Professor

ashutoshsm wrote:

A followup question from someone else planning to go from an iPhone4 to an Android phone (for hthe wife, I already use Android) ...

Can I still use the iPhone every now and then? All the time?

Here's what I really intend to do -
We have a family plan, and I intend to use the wife's upgrade eligibility to get a discounted Samsung Skyrocket or HTC One X to replace my very middle-of-the-road still stuck-on-Froyo Samsung Infuse. She will continue to use the iPhone4. Will this cause issues? Her number/microSim will remain in the iPhone 4, and I will merely transfer my SIM from the Infuse to the new Android device.

I know the data plans are listed differently, but they cost the same for 2GB!

Why, oh WHY does AT&T not offer a bring-your-own device discount? I'd happily switch phones as and when I wished, or not at all, and not feel ripped off for paying the hidden subsidy every month!

You can do this, but go to a corporate store to do it. That way there's no interruption on your wife's line if the Skyrocket or One X use full size SIM cards.

AT&T does allow you to bring your own device. With your own phone there is no contract, you can change phones whenever you want.

Message 4 of 4 (557 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.