Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted May 16, 2012
3:38:03 PM
View profile
Iphone upgrade question

I have an Iphone 4, I am due for an upgrade. Is my only option to upgrade to the 4S or can I up grade to an Android? I would like to switch, but need tyo know if I can first. Thanks :-)

I have an Iphone 4, I am due for an upgrade. Is my only option to upgrade to the 4S or can I up grade to an Android? I would like to switch, but need tyo know if I can first. Thanks :-)

Iphone upgrade question

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2012 5:29:05 PM
(0)
Professor
If you are eligible for an upgrade, you should be able to get any phone you want. You aren't required to upgrade to another iPhone.
If you are eligible for an upgrade, you should be able to get any phone you want. You aren't required to upgrade to another iPhone.

Re: Iphone upgrade question

2 of 4 (619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2012 9:47:27 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by ashutoshsm on May 23, 2012 at 9:49:25 PM

A followup question from someone else planning to go from an iPhone4 to an Android phone (for hthe wife, I already use Android) ...

Can I still use the iPhone every now and then? All the time?

Here's what I really intend to do -
We have a family plan, and I intend to use the wife's upgrade eligibility to get a discounted Samsung Skyrocket or HTC One X to replace my very middle-of-the-road still stuck-on-Froyo Samsung Infuse. She will continue to use the iPhone4. Will this cause issues? Her number/microSim will remain in the iPhone 4, and I will merely transfer my SIM from the Infuse to the new Android device.

I know the data plans are listed differently, but they cost the same for 2GB!

Why, oh WHY does AT&T not offer a bring-your-own device discount? I'd happily switch phones as and when I wished, or not at all, and not feel ripped off for paying the hidden subsidy every month!

A followup question from someone else planning to go from an iPhone4 to an Android phone (for hthe wife, I already use Android) ...

We have a family plan, and I intend to use the wife's upgrade eligibility to get a discounted Samsung Skyrocket or HTC One X to replace my very middle-of-the-road still stuck-on-Froyo Samsung Infuse. She will continue to use the iPhone4. Will this cause issues? Her number/microSim will remain in the iPhone 4, and I will merely transfer my SIM from the Infuse to the new Android device.

Why, oh WHY does AT&T not offer a bring-your-own device discount? I'd happily switch phones as and when I wished, or not at all, and not feel ripped off for paying the hidden subsidy every month!

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 5:21:51 AM
(0)
Professor

ashutoshsm wrote:

You can do this, but go to a corporate store to do it. That way there's no interruption on your wife's line if the Skyrocket or One X use full size SIM cards.

AT&T does allow you to bring your own device. With your own phone there is no contract, you can change phones whenever you want.

ashutoshsm wrote:

You can do this, but go to a corporate store to do it. That way there's no interruption on your wife's line if the Skyrocket or One X use full size SIM cards.

AT&T does allow you to bring your own device. With your own phone there is no contract, you can change phones whenever you want.

4 of 4 (542 Views)