Iphone password

Contributor

Iphone password

I have an Iphone that is password protected and I don't have the password, how can I reset the password and figure out what I used as the password?

Message 1 of 6 (286 Views)
Scholar

Re: Iphone password

There is no way to reset the password, this would defeat the purpose of the password.

Your options are:

• Sync the device with the computer it normally syncs with and remove the password.
  • Restore the device as new.
Message 2 of 6 (273 Views)
Professor

Nope if you connect to iTunes when the iPhone is locked'itunes will state the iPhone is locked and needs tO be unlocked before you can proceed.
Message 3 of 6 (270 Views)
ACE - Master

graphite07 wrote:
Nope if you connect to iTunes when the iPhone is locked'itunes will state the iPhone is locked and needs tO be unlocked before you can proceed.

There is a workaround for that, though. There is a way to reboot the phone and force it into recovery mode. From there you can restore it as a new phone which will have no password. You can then restore from a backup to get all the information back.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (255 Views)

This is great info for those who have gotten their phones thru dishonest means.

Message 5 of 6 (244 Views)
Guru

stclair49 wrote:

This is great info for those who have gotten their phones thru dishonest means.

Not sure exactly what point you were trying to make with that comment--that is pretty much what Apple would tell people to do if for whatever reason they can't remember their password.  What--should Apple be verifying whether the person asking for help is the rightful owner of the device before they go ahead and give him the info?  Or are you insinuating that Apple should give out two kinds of info--one for those who got their phone through honest means, another for those who got them through dishonest means?

Message 6 of 6 (206 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.