Iphone message

Contributor

Iphone message

Suddenly I am receiving a message that pops up:

"This accessory is not optimized for this IPhone. You may experience noise cuased by cellular interference and a decrease in cellular signal strength"

Can you tell me what I did and how to resolve the issue?

Message 1 of 6 (540 Views)
Professor

Re: Iphone message

• Dust/debris in the dock connector.
  • Damaged dock connector.
  • Something plugged into the dock connector that is not a supported accesory or optimized for the iPhone.

It could also be a little confusion on the iPhones part and it may simply need to be reset or restarted.

Message 2 of 6 (537 Views)
Contributor

don't have docking station/connector

tried resetting and restarting to no avail

Message 3 of 6 (520 Views)
Professor

The dock connector is the slot in the bottom of the phone that you plug the charging/sync cable into. I'm pretty sure you have it on your phone.
Message 4 of 6 (517 Views)
Professor

newbiedo wrote:

don't have docking station/connector

The dock connector is where the cable is plugged in to sync/charge the device.

If you do have an iPhone or any type of iDevice, you do have a dock connector.

Message 5 of 6 (509 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

newbiedo wrote:

Suddenly I am receiving a message that pops up:

"This accessory is not optimized for this IPhone. You may experience noise cuased by cellular interference and a decrease in cellular signal strength"

Can you tell me what I did and how to resolve the issue?

You are supposed to get this when you plug/dock the iPhone into a dock/accessory made for iPods or iPod Touches (which don't have radios.)

If you are getting this message when nothing is plugged in, it probably means you either have something metalic stuck in the dock slot on the bottom, the dock slot/connector is damaged, or you have water damage.

You can take it to an Apple store (make a genious bar appointment first) and have them look at it. They don't cover abuse, but if its a defect and the iPhone is less than a year old, it should be free. I think the most they will charge to fix/swap if it is damaged not defective is $200. Far less than buying a new one.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6 (446 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.