Helpful Links

Iphone doesn't work

Contributor

Iphone doesn't work

In case you don't know it, if you purchase an Iphone from a retailer that is not an Iphone dealer, example, the AT&T store in Palestine, Texas, you cannot get any replacement or warranty or get your money back if the phone does not work.

Purchases two Iphone and one quit working the next day.  The store would not do anything for me, except say they were sorry.  You spend $600 with AT & T you expect service if the phone doesn't work. 

Now, I have to contact Apple and wait until they can send me a box, then send the phone in and hopefully they will replace it with in 5 to 7 days.  If I want it sooner, I can pay an additional $29.00 to have them ship a phone to you, even though you have already paid $300.00.

This sucks.  As soon as my contract is up, goodbye AT & T and Apple.

Message 1 of 26
Scholar

Re: Iphone doesn't work

Ive owned a lot of phones over the years and ive found even in 12, 18, 24months plans there covered if anything actually fails I can nipdown my carriers store and get them to send it for repair or issue a new phone if they feel its necessary

my last smartphone was a HTC sensation it failed it went for repair and I got a brand new one cos they couldn't fix it within the deadline or something!

if we take out a plan I feel that these phones should be covered in the length of the plans

and us consumers shouldn't have to go out there and spend more money on ex-tended warrantys

thats how i feel anyway!

I still have to Purchase the Applecare myself ive got till December my plan ends Dec 2013 Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 26
Former Employee

But you're not in US right? We're not going to be comparing apples to oranges.

Message 17 of 26
Highlighted
Master

Kerry78 wrote:

Ive owned a lot of phones over the years and ive found even in 12, 18, 24months plans there covered if anything actually fails I can nipdown my carriers store and get them to send it for repair or issue a new phone if they feel its necessary

my last smartphone was a HTC sensation it failed it went for repair and I got a brand new one cos they couldn't fix it within the deadline or something!

if we take out a plan I feel that these phones should be covered in the length of the plans

and us consumers shouldn't have to go out there and spend more money on ex-tended warrantys

thats how i feel anyway!

I still have to Purchase the Applecare myself ive got till December my plan ends Dec 2013 Smiley Happy

Go back to my post, what happens for you in Europe is not the same as a what US carriers and phone manufactures do.  Your assumptions just confuse what is reality here in the US.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 18 of 26
Scholar

Well it doesn't matter where I live regardless to this...

I honestly think if you take a plan out for min of 24months then that phone should be

covered in that contract length regardless of paying upfront extended warrantys

(iPhone shouldn't be different to any other phone)

thats what im going on about also I don't think carriers are much different here to The USA either

from what ive been reading anyway seems about here as much as I read on this site Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 26
Expert

Kerry78 wrote:

I honestly think if you take a plan out for min of 24months then that phone should be

thats what im going on about also I don't think carriers are much different here to The USA either

from what ive been reading anyway seems about here as much as I read on this site Smiley Happy

Apple does have a total of a 24 month warrenty - 12 months for free and 12 months you pay for, most current phones are 12 months, some are 90  days. The phone I got from Orange only has a 12 month warrenty

Message 20 of 26
Master

Kerry78 wrote:

But it does matter.  Europe has some very different views in what they require sellers of goods and services to do vs what is required here.  As long as the terms are spelled out in advance, anything goes.  As a consumer we can choose to enter into an agreement or not. If we want something with a 24 month warranty, we can pay extra or look for someone else who offers a better bargin.  

Depending upon how you look at thngs it may not be fair from all perspectives and you definately do not beleive that it is however, it is fair as long as the terms are spelled out up front and the parties choose to enter into an agreement.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 21 of 26

Thanks for all the information. It's not worth arguing over.

Message 22 of 26
Scholar

Lol totally right let's not get all argumentative I guess with Tom, D and Harry<br>Showing up posting numerous threads on unlocking etc really gets to ppl Smiley Happy<br><br>Btw my 4S is warrantied with 12 months and 90 days so I'm not moaning bout it<br>I know that plus ive option to get that extended care <br><br>Just think it would be good if networks especially mine would offer a repair service for iPhone especially in the 2nd year Of the contract w/o the need of AppleCare <br><br>I think I will try to get a 12 month plan nextime as I feel 24 months is a waste esp <br>Now if the iPhone ceases up !<br><br>Anyway that's cleared up now so no more hump hump guys chillax Smiley Happy<br>
Message 23 of 26
Scholar

Kerry78 wrote:

Granted that the following may not apply to all countries, but a plan (I assume you were referring to voice plans, not phone hardware plans/warranties) that has a 2-year duration doesn't necessarily mean that phone hardware warranty coverage for devices used under a 2-year voice plan should automatically default to that length of duration--see, AT&T doesn't really care what device you are using that is associated with whatever 2-year voice plan you currently have in place...in fact, they don't really care if you decide to not to use your phone at all at some point during the 2-year contract...as long as you either honor the 2-year contract by paying the monthly phone bill or else pay the ETF.

Message 24 of 26
Scholar

Yup it is mainly the plans cos it doesn't state
In the details if the phones warranty applys to the whole length of the contract anymore especially with iPhone all I got told when I got mine was if any probs go to a apple store

Normally every other phone I've had if it fails in second yr of contract you can take it to your carrier in which they can process a repair at no charge to me!

This is what I've been saying this whole time sorry if it
Confused y'all !!!

I'm unsure to purchase the care for my phone
But looks like I will have to cos my carrier won't be able to do anything unless I have care with them also Smiley Wink

Will be looking at 12 month plans for iPhones in future
Or buy them straight in the box from apple and select a plan frOm whichever service outhere Smiley Wink
Message 25 of 26
Professor

Apples and Oranges.  The length of a contract is something between a customer and a wireless carrier.  The length of a phone warranty is something between a customer and the manufacturer of the phone, which 99% of the time is a completely different company.  There is no requirement for AT&T to set the length of their contracts to match the length of Apple's warranty, or for Apple to set the length of their warranty to match the length of AT&T's contract.  Besides, a customer does have the option of getting a 2 year warranty on the phone through Applecare.  You just have to pay for it.

If you want a two year free warranty on the phone, then Apple's probably the one to talk too.  But, given that they would rather you pay them $99 for the second year of coverage, I don't see them being that saintly.  On the other side, one could ask AT&T to drop the contracts to a year.  Of course, that will raise the price of the phone because the company now has only one year to recoup the subsidised cost of the phone instead of two.  Either way, the companies get their money.

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support