Iphone data plan without ssn

Tutor

Iphone data plan without ssn

I'm an international student and i do not have a SSN. I want to upgrade to iphone 4s but I was told that 25/mo data plan is required for iphone if i do not have a SSN. And for other smartphones, only 15/mo data plan is required. Is that true?

Thanks you

Message 1 of 10
Tutor

Re: Iphone data plan without ssn

eh..anyone here know about this?
Message 2 of 10
Professor

hgh0518 wrote:

I'm an international student and i do not have a SSN. I want to upgrade to iphone 4s but I was told that 25/mo data plan is required for iphone if i do not have a SSN. And for other smartphones, only 15/mo data plan is required. Is that true?

Thanks you

Yes you need the data plan no way around it. if your on a 2 year contract you need this plan.  and yes you need a SSN they run your credit also and if your Credit is bad you are asked to pay a deposit of 500$

Message 3 of 10
Expert

How do you get an iPhone in the first place w/o an SSN?

Message 4 of 10
Professor

You may need to put down a deposit and will definitely need to buy a data plan, but I've never heard of anyone forced to use only the higher priced data plan.
Message 5 of 10
Tutor

Yes, i paid 500 deposit for the family plan and i know i have to purchase a data plan.
I just don't know if i have to get the 25/mo rather than 15/mo, because 2GB is really too much for me.

The store manager told me about 25/mo without ssn...so i dont know if it is true

Message 6 of 10
Expert

Try contacting Jam, one of the Community Managers via PM.  She can probably find out what you need to do.

hgh0518 wrote:

Yes, i paid 500 deposit for the family plan and i know i have to purchase a data plan.
I just don't know if i have to get the 25/mo rather than 15/mo, because 2GB is really too much for me.

The store manager told me about 25/mo without ssn...so i dont know if it is true

Message 7 of 10
Tutor

Thank you, i'll try this.
Message 8 of 10
Expert

YW, let us know the outcome, if you would.  Good luck!

hgh0518 wrote:
Thank you, i'll try this.

Message 9 of 10
Former Community Manager

hgh0518 wrote:

Thanks you

Hi there - as discussed our private messages, I've escalated this issue for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support