Iphone data plan without ssn

Tutor

Iphone data plan without ssn

I'm an international student and i do not have a SSN. I want to upgrade to iphone 4s but I was told that 25/mo data plan is required for iphone if i do not have a SSN. And for other smartphones, only 15/mo data plan is required. Is that true?

Thanks you

Message 1 of 10 (3,118 Views)
Tutor

Re: Iphone data plan without ssn

eh..anyone here know about this?
Message 2 of 10 (3,106 Views)
Professor

hgh0518 wrote:

I'm an international student and i do not have a SSN. I want to upgrade to iphone 4s but I was told that 25/mo data plan is required for iphone if i do not have a SSN. And for other smartphones, only 15/mo data plan is required. Is that true?

Thanks you

Yes you need the data plan no way around it. if your on a 2 year contract you need this plan.  and yes you need a SSN they run your credit also and if your Credit is bad you are asked to pay a deposit of 500$

Message 3 of 10 (3,098 Views)
Expert

How do you get an iPhone in the first place w/o an SSN?

Message 4 of 10 (3,096 Views)
Professor

You may need to put down a deposit and will definitely need to buy a data plan, but I've never heard of anyone forced to use only the higher priced data plan.
Message 5 of 10 (3,086 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Yes, i paid 500 deposit for the family plan and i know i have to purchase a data plan.
I just don't know if i have to get the 25/mo rather than 15/mo, because 2GB is really too much for me.

The store manager told me about 25/mo without ssn...so i dont know if it is true

Message 6 of 10 (3,060 Views)
Expert

Try contacting Jam, one of the Community Managers via PM.  She can probably find out what you need to do.

hgh0518 wrote:

Yes, i paid 500 deposit for the family plan and i know i have to purchase a data plan.
I just don't know if i have to get the 25/mo rather than 15/mo, because 2GB is really too much for me.

The store manager told me about 25/mo without ssn...so i dont know if it is true

Message 7 of 10 (3,057 Views)
Tutor

Thank you, i'll try this.
Message 8 of 10 (3,044 Views)
Expert

YW, let us know the outcome, if you would.  Good luck!

hgh0518 wrote:
Thank you, i'll try this.

Message 9 of 10 (3,028 Views)
Highlighted
Former Community Manager

hgh0518 wrote:

Thanks you

Hi there - as discussed our private messages, I've escalated this issue for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 10 (2,987 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.