Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 15, 2011
7:57:21 AM
View profile
Iphone data plan without ssn

I'm an international student and i do not have a SSN. I want to upgrade to iphone 4s but I was told that 25/mo data plan is required for iphone if i do not have a SSN. And for other smartphones, only 15/mo data plan is required. Is that true?

Thanks you

I'm an international student and i do not have a SSN. I want to upgrade to iphone 4s but I was told that 25/mo data plan is required for iphone if i do not have a SSN. And for other smartphones, only 15/mo data plan is required. Is that true?

Thanks you

Iphone data plan without ssn

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 3:45:32 PM
(0)
Tutor
eh..anyone here know about this?
eh..anyone here know about this?

Re: Iphone data plan without ssn

2 of 10 (3,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 3:57:50 PM
(0)
Professor

hgh0518 wrote:

Thanks you

Yes you need the data plan no way around it. if your on a 2 year contract you need this plan.  and yes you need a SSN they run your credit also and if your Credit is bad you are asked to pay a deposit of 500$

hgh0518 wrote:

Thanks you

Yes you need the data plan no way around it. if your on a 2 year contract you need this plan.  and yes you need a SSN they run your credit also and if your Credit is bad you are asked to pay a deposit of 500$

hello!!!

3 of 10 (3,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 3:59:45 PM
(0)
Expert

How do you get an iPhone in the first place w/o an SSN?

How do you get an iPhone in the first place w/o an SSN?

4 of 10 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 4:23:34 PM
(0)
Professor
You may need to put down a deposit and will definitely need to buy a data plan, but I've never heard of anyone forced to use only the higher priced data plan.
You may need to put down a deposit and will definitely need to buy a data plan, but I've never heard of anyone forced to use only the higher priced data plan.

5 of 10 (3,010 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 8:17:29 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by hgh0518 on Oct 15, 2011 at 8:18:37 PM

Yes, i paid 500 deposit for the family plan and i know i have to purchase a data plan.
I just don't know if i have to get the 25/mo rather than 15/mo, because 2GB is really too much for me.

The store manager told me about 25/mo without ssn...so i dont know if it is true

Yes, i paid 500 deposit for the family plan and i know i have to purchase a data plan.
I just don't know if i have to get the 25/mo rather than 15/mo, because 2GB is really too much for me.

The store manager told me about 25/mo without ssn...so i dont know if it is true

[ Edited ]
6 of 10 (2,984 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 8:20:41 PM
(0)
Expert

Try contacting Jam, one of the Community Managers via PM.  She can probably find out what you need to do.

hgh0518 wrote:

Try contacting Jam, one of the Community Managers via PM.  She can probably find out what you need to do.

hgh0518 wrote:

7 of 10 (2,981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 8:48:11 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thank you, i'll try this.

8 of 10 (2,968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 12:43:33 AM
(0)
Expert

YW, let us know the outcome, if you would.  Good luck!

hgh0518 wrote:

YW, let us know the outcome, if you would.  Good luck!

hgh0518 wrote:

9 of 10 (2,952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 10:22:02 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

hgh0518 wrote:

Thanks you

Hi there - as discussed our private messages, I've escalated this issue for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

hgh0518 wrote:

Thanks you

Hi there - as discussed our private messages, I've escalated this issue for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 10 (2,911 Views)