Iphone battery life?

Contributor

Iphone battery life?

Hi, I don't know if this is the right board to post on but I was wondering if you had any information about making my iphone battery last longer?

Message 1 of 19
ACE - Professor

Re: Iphone battery life?

While these tips won't give you an amazing performance boost they can help with some things.

1. Reduce the brightness on your phone.

2. Turn off automatic email checker

3. Kill any apps that are running in the background (press and hold the home button to see all running apps)

4. Turn off push notifications for apps that don't need it on

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 19
Former Moderator

Here is a good article for tips as well -> http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB95966&cv=820&title=How+can+I+maximize+my+battery+life+... <-

___

I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)
Message 3 of 19
Professor

make sure blue tooth is off and other stuff your not using. connect to WiFi when you ca nfor the internet this will also save the battery life.

Message 4 of 19
ACE - Professor

Which version of iPhone do you have, how old is it, and how long does your battery last?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 19
Master

I would also advise to turn off 3G and/or Wi-Fi when you're not using it directly.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 19
Professor

4S iphone on 3G battery life is lousy sort of. when i am on the WiFi battery life is excellent.

Message 7 of 19
ACE - Professor

graphite07 wrote:

4S iphone on 3G battery life is lousy sort of. when i am on the WiFi battery life is excellent.

What is "lousy sort of"? - Starting your day on a full battery, how long does it last, or what is your battery % at the end of the day?

How marginal is your signal? 1 bar?

An iPhone 4s should pretty much last a day with 3-4 hours of use and the rest standby - not including music (essentially free battery wise for local music, NOT streamed music) or games (2-3 hours total battery life playing games.)

You can talk, use the internet, or wifi, for 6+ hours a day, but that's gonna be pretty much it on one charge.

For me, if I am in a good signal area, I will end the day (15 hours off charger) at 40% or more battery left. If I am in a poor signal area, I can be at 10-20% left, on an iPhone4 (not 4s) with probably 2 hours of mixed use during the day.

Message 8 of 19
Professor

100% @6am by 10am 68%. WifFi  for pandora radio.by 12PM 48%. by 2 pm down to 35% or 30%.time to charge by 2:30pm.

i need to have  full battery after work.

its okay my iphone battery lasted little bit longer than this.

Message 9 of 19
ACE - Professor

4 hours of wifi use using 32% of the battery is pretty good - it's only rated for 10 hours on wifi.

Message 10 of 19
Professor

yea that's not bad. i will post screen shots of my my battery % today.   but apple could have used a lipo battery.

Message 11 of 19
ACE - Professor

graphite07 wrote:

yea that's not bad. i will post screen shots of my my battery % today.   but apple could have used a lipo battery.

Says Li-ion polymer right on the battery

Message 12 of 19
Master

There were rumors of an update that would address the battery issues but they found a memory leak during the testing. I have not heard anymore movement on the update.....

Hopefully Apple will fix this soon as it's impact is not consistent across users.

As others have stated in general, turn of the features your do not use but understand it will limit your experience and enjoyment. If you have a charger for your car, you can at least charge your iPhone at different times to make up for the shortfalls.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 13 of 19

bill.telly wrote:

Hi, I don't know if this is the right board to post on but I was wondering if you had any information about making my iphone battery last longer?

Here are some related articles...

Saving iPhone Battery Life: 10 Tips And Tricks For The iPhone 4S And Older Models

* Related technology videos below this artcle include:

1. How To Improve Your iPhone Battery Life

2. How To Extend Your iPhone's Battery Life

3. Maximizing the iPhone 3G's Battery Life

10 Ways To Save Battery Life On Your New iPhone 4S

Message 14 of 19
Scholar

As long as we're on the subject, does anyone know why Apple refuses to make any device with a removable battery?  I know it complicates the design and construction a bit, but I can't see it effecting it that much.  The only reason I can think of is it encourages people to upgrade after about 2 years when the battery starts to die.

Any thoughts?

Message 15 of 19
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support