Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 28, 2011
8:53:53 PM
View profile
Iphone 5 upgrade?

I have an Apple 3gs with an unlimited plan (currently eligible for upgrade) and my contract expires BEFORE the new iPhone comes out...I want the new phone but I am not sure how to proceed...here are my concerns:

If I renew my contract (without upgrading), will I lose my eligibility for an upgrade?

If I don't renew and go on "month-to-month", will I lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan?

Finally, will the new phone even be AVAILABLE for upgrade after it's launched?!

Anyone, anyone? 

I have an Apple 3gs with an unlimited plan (currently eligible for upgrade) and my contract expires BEFORE the new iPhone comes out...I want the new phone but I am not sure how to proceed...here are my concerns:

If I renew my contract (without upgrading), will I lose my eligibility for an upgrade?

If I don't renew and go on "month-to-month", will I lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan?

Anyone, anyone? 

Iphone 5 upgrade?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2011 9:50:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

wdwbock wrote:

Anyone, anyone? 

I'm fairly sure that if you renew your two-year contract without choosing an upgrade, you will lose the eligibility. Should you decide to operate on a month-to-month service, your Unlimited Data plan should be absolutely fine. However, make sure you keep a close eye on it and that you make 100% certain that you will have it with either your month-to-month service or your new iPhone upgrade.

I'm sure that the new iPhone will be available for upgrades after it is released. Seems silly that it wouldn't be.

I personally think your best bet is to go month-to-month. It'd probably be easier and you'll have more control over your options.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

wdwbock wrote:

Anyone, anyone? 

I'm fairly sure that if you renew your two-year contract without choosing an upgrade, you will lose the eligibility. Should you decide to operate on a month-to-month service, your Unlimited Data plan should be absolutely fine. However, make sure you keep a close eye on it and that you make 100% certain that you will have it with either your month-to-month service or your new iPhone upgrade.

I'm sure that the new iPhone will be available for upgrades after it is released. Seems silly that it wouldn't be.

I personally think your best bet is to go month-to-month. It'd probably be easier and you'll have more control over your options.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Iphone 5 upgrade?

2 of 4 (1,637 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 6:37:41 AM
(0)
Contributor

cool...thanks! 

cool...thanks! 

3 of 4 (1,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 8:51:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You're welcome.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,602 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments