Iphone 5 upgrade?

Contributor

Iphone 5 upgrade?

I have an Apple 3gs with an unlimited plan (currently eligible for upgrade) and my contract expires BEFORE the new iPhone comes out...I want the new phone but I am not sure how to proceed...here are my concerns:

If I renew my contract (without upgrading), will I lose my eligibility for an upgrade?

If I don't renew and go on "month-to-month", will I lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan?

Finally, will the new phone even be AVAILABLE for upgrade after it's launched?!

Anyone, anyone? 

Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: Iphone 5 upgrade?

wdwbock wrote:

I have an Apple 3gs with an unlimited plan (currently eligible for upgrade) and my contract expires BEFORE the new iPhone comes out...I want the new phone but I am not sure how to proceed...here are my concerns:

If I renew my contract (without upgrading), will I lose my eligibility for an upgrade?

If I don't renew and go on "month-to-month", will I lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan?

Finally, will the new phone even be AVAILABLE for upgrade after it's launched?!

Anyone, anyone? 

I'm fairly sure that if you renew your two-year contract without choosing an upgrade, you will lose the eligibility. Should you decide to operate on a month-to-month service, your Unlimited Data plan should be absolutely fine. However, make sure you keep a close eye on it and that you make 100% certain that you will have it with either your month-to-month service or your new iPhone upgrade.

I'm sure that the new iPhone will be available for upgrades after it is released. Seems silly that it wouldn't be.

I personally think your best bet is to go month-to-month. It'd probably be easier and you'll have more control over your options.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

cool...thanks! 

Message 3 of 4
Master

You're welcome.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support