Iphone 5 email from Apple.

Professor

Iphone 5 email from Apple.

a Friend from my job asked me about the Iphone 5. i told him i did not know about it,he told me Apple sent him a email saying the ywas releasing the Iphone5.  any one else get a email from apple? 

Message 1 of 11 (879 Views)
Master

Re: Iphone 5 email from Apple.

Does not sound right.  Ask your friend to forward a copy of the email to you.  As for an iPhone 5, some new model will be out this fall.  What it will be called is unknown. 

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 11 (869 Views)

its going to be crap. the next iphone is apparently being built using cheaper components so that apple can lower the cost for customers to boost sales. However, an AWS banded model( T-Mobile uses AWS 3g bands) has been rumored to be in beta, if not production now. Anxious to see what these "cheaper" components are going to equate to.
Message 3 of 11 (826 Views)
Professor

Since Apple hasn't officially announced anything about the next iPhone (whatever it's going to called), I can't see Apple sending out emails to people about it.
Message 4 of 11 (811 Views)
ACE - Professor

graphite07 wrote:

a Friend from my job asked me about the Iphone 5. i told him i did not know about it,he told me Apple sent him a email saying the ywas releasing the Iphone5.  any one else get a email from apple? 

Please post this email.

The iPhone5 is rumored to be released in the fall - it should pretty much be an iPhone4 with both CDMA and GSM radios, and the iPad2 CPU.

No one has sent me any emails, nor have any of my friends that work at Apple said anything about a suprise early release of the iP5.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 11 (809 Views)
Master

johninsj wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

Please post this email.

The iPhone5 is rumored to be released in the fall - it should pretty much be an iPhone4 with both CDMA and GSM radios, and the iPad2 CPU.

No one has sent me any emails, nor have any of my friends that work at Apple said anything about a suprise early release of the iP5.

I think we all know Apple well enough that if this was a true email, it would be all over the blogs.  I would also question why Apple passed on the opportunity for a big splash presentation at some keynote.  This was either a fake or some internal email to very select individuals helping to launch the next email and was under a NDA that was broken when the OP was told of the email.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 11 (805 Views)
Professor

i asked him to forward it to me. he said he dleted it already but he is going to look in the deleted emails for it and forward to me. if he does i will post it up.

Message 7 of 11 (744 Views)

Smells like a phishing email to me, or someone offering cheap foreign-made knockoffs.

graphite07 wrote:

Message 8 of 11 (731 Views)
ACE - Master

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

Smells like a phishing email to me, or someone offering cheap foreign-made knockoffs.

graphite07 wrote:

Probably a bogus email but if it really did come from Apple, perhaps the email was about IOS 5, not Iphone 5.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 11 (647 Views)
Professor

maybe it was about   IOS5.. he cant find it since he deleted it ohwell.

Message 10 of 11 (601 Views)
Highlighted
Master

graphite07 wrote:

maybe it was about   IOS5.. he cant find it since he deleted it ohwell.

An email about iOS 5 sounds more likely. Your friend would not have received an email about the iPhone 5 when Apple hasn't even made their announcement yet.

Message 11 of 11 (269 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.