View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 8:17:26 AM
(0)
Guru
It will say that because they are technically on backorder. They don't ship until next week!
It will say that because they are technically on backorder. They don't ship until next week!

Re: Iphone 4s Backorder

2 of 10 (5,137 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 8:50:27 AM
(0)
Master

no25 wrote:

I just checked my ATT account and it says my ipone 4s is backorder all ready

If it is like the 4s, your iPHone will probably ship Monday from China..... 

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

no25 wrote:

I just checked my ATT account and it says my ipone 4s is backorder all ready

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 10 (5,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:34:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

youngjm wrote:

Can you, or anyone else, confirm that this was the case for AT&T on prior iPhone pre-orders?

I've always ordered mine through Apple.com, but wasn't able to this time. Did the iPhone 4 previously show as backordered but still arrive on the release day?

Thanks!

youngjm wrote:

Can you, or anyone else, confirm that this was the case for AT&T on prior iPhone pre-orders?

I've always ordered mine through Apple.com, but wasn't able to this time. Did the iPhone 4 previously show as backordered but still arrive on the release day?

Thanks!

4 of 10 (4,943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 11:18:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

I can verify that information for you. I ordered my iPhone 4 from AT&T and the order status is a bit odd. Usually the phone will actually show coming off backorder when it is shipped. Some users reported last time that their phones arrived before it actually came off of backorder on the order status page. 

Short story, don't worry too much. They are pretty good at getting the phone to where they need to be on time. When the iPhone 4 came out, there were reports of customers getting the device even before the official release date. 

Jeff

I can verify that information for you. I ordered my iPhone 4 from AT&T and the order status is a bit odd. Usually the phone will actually show coming off backorder when it is shipped. Some users reported last time that their phones arrived before it actually came off of backorder on the order status page. 

Short story, don't worry too much. They are pretty good at getting the phone to where they need to be on time. When the iPhone 4 came out, there were reports of customers getting the device even before the official release date. 

Jeff

5 of 10 (4,870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:56:04 PM
(0)
Explorer

i ordered mine around 11:00AM at an at&t store and they said it would take 14-21 days to ship. i got an e-mail saying the same thing as well. my phone shows as backorder on the order status page. anyone know anything about this?

i ordered mine around 11:00AM at an at&t store and they said it would take 14-21 days to ship. i got an e-mail saying the same thing as well. my phone shows as backorder on the order status page. anyone know anything about this?

6 of 10 (4,719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 2:01:24 PM
(0)
Master
ATT may Have sold all their launch day inventory?

ATT may Have sold all their launch day inventory?

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

7 of 10 (4,708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 4:33:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

The last info that I received from Business Customer Support is that:

for pre-orders placed prior to 4pm EST on October 7th, the phones should be delivered on october 14th.

For orders placed after that time, you are looking at a 14 to 21 day delay before you can expect to receive the phone.

Apparently AT&T sold out their initial allotment / stock of phones. Those are the ones that will be delivered on the 14th. Everybody else will be waiting on AT&T to receive new stock or be waiting for their phones to ship to them from China (as the case may be. Either is possible).

The last info that I received from Business Customer Support is that:

for pre-orders placed prior to 4pm EST on October 7th, the phones should be delivered on october 14th.

For orders placed after that time, you are looking at a 14 to 21 day delay before you can expect to receive the phone.

Apparently AT&T sold out their initial allotment / stock of phones. Those are the ones that will be delivered on the 14th. Everybody else will be waiting on AT&T to receive new stock or be waiting for their phones to ship to them from China (as the case may be. Either is possible).

8 of 10 (4,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 9:34:18 PM
(0)
Scholar

Pre-ordered iPhone 4S 32GB from AT&T and iPhone 4S 16GB from Apple at around 4:30 AM, October 7. Both are showing to be delivered on October 14.

By the way, iPhone 4S pre-order from Apple Store now shows up as shipping in 1~2 weeks.

Pre-ordered iPhone 4S 32GB from AT&T and iPhone 4S 16GB from Apple at around 4:30 AM, October 7. Both are showing to be delivered on October 14.

By the way, iPhone 4S pre-order from Apple Store now shows up as shipping in 1~2 weeks.

9 of 10 (4,394 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 3:19:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

I pre-ordered on the 9th does that mean i have a while to wait? i still say backorder in the order status!

I pre-ordered on the 9th does that mean i have a while to wait? i still say backorder in the order status!

Iphone 4s Backorder

10 of 10 (2,744 Views)