Iphone 4G coming out soon?

Contributor

Iphone 4G coming out soon?

I want to get the Iphone 3g S but ive heard a "4g" will come out within the next six months. Now, i dont care if theres nothing new for a year, but if the 3G s is going to be obsolete in six months ied rather wait for that.

Any word or official info on this matter?

Message 1 of 8 (5,732 Views)
Master

Re: Iphone 4G coming out soon?

Boy Apple just announced the 3GS.  They are so secretive, you never know but if their pattern of releasing new iPHones continues, you will not see a new model that is a "top" end iPhone until next year.  Maybe some scaled down model but the 3G 8gb at $99 is a nice price for entry into the world of iPHones.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 8 (5,703 Views)
Professor

Do you mean 4G speed, or just a new model?  I don't think Apple is going to make a 4G network phone until AT&T has enought of a 4G network to make it worthwhile.
Message 3 of 8 (5,664 Views)
Explorer

Like the previous poster said. Apple might wait till AT&T has 4G network more available before they come out with their new model. My opinion doesn't count for squat but aside from the fact that the Iphone 3gs can record video I really don't see why everybody is so interested in it. I mean they say the "S" is for speed... but so far the only "speed" problems I have on my Iphone 3G are due to AT&T weak 3G signal in the Orlando area.  And even at that no one really knows if the 3.0 software update will rectify that. My advice for anyone with a 3G would be to hold their horses and see what will happen... Wasn't the 3.0 upgrade give Video recording capabilities to the Iphone 3G already?

Message 4 of 8 (5,632 Views)
Master

The 3.0 did not give video to 3G phones.  Only the 3Gs got official video support.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 8 (5,623 Views)
Explorer

Then by official you mean ... You can still add that feature to the 2 mega pix camera of the 3G it will just not be free?

Message 6 of 8 (5,592 Views)
Scholar

The 3G will not have video.The 3GS has video.
Message 7 of 8 (5,579 Views)
ACE - Professor

dwill05 wrote:
Do you mean 4G speed, or just a new model?  I don't think Apple is going to make a 4G network phone until AT&T has enought of a 4G network to make it worthwhile.

The release of a 4G phone is dependent on Apple's partners worldwide, not just AT&T.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8 (5,536 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.