Iphone 4 keeps losing data.

Iphone 4 keeps losing data.

3+ times my IPhone 4 will say that I have full service, but in reality it is not transmitting any text messages, e-mails and phone calls that come through.  Anybody else heard of this happening?  What are some of the cures?

Message 1 of 11 (1,213 Views)

Re: Iphone 4 keeps losing data.

Mine had the same issues. I had to turn it off. Waited a minute then turn it back on...

So far I am having Reception Woes!

Message 2 of 11 (1,206 Views)
Scholar

have you done a restore?

Message 3 of 11 (1,204 Views)

newbieiphonetx wrote:

Mine had the same issues. I had to turn it off. Waited a minute then turn it back on...

So far I am having Reception Woes!

The reception problem might be happening from using your left-hand (if you do) but who knows.  the only way to fixed my data problem is to restart my phone each and everytime.  The first time I noticed it was when I tried to make a phone call and when I hit 'end call' it just sat at the screen.  That's how I knew that something was wrong. 

Message 4 of 11 (1,200 Views)

nbaylinson wrote:

have you done a restore?

Unfortunately my ship just got underway this morning (I am in the U.S. Navy) and I can't get to my computer right now.  I figured I would have to do a restore to fix the problem but wanted to see if anybody had the same issues.

Message 5 of 11 (1,195 Views)

[  The first time I noticed it was when I tried to make a phone call and when I hit 'end call' it just sat at the screen.  That's how I knew that something was wrong. ]

I was having the same issue Yesterday when trying an answer a phone call!!

Message 6 of 11 (1,180 Views)

newbieiphonetx wrote:

[  The first time I noticed it was when I tried to make a phone call and when I hit 'end call' it just sat at the screen.  That's how I knew that something was wrong. ]

I was having the same issue Yesterday when trying an answer a phone call!!

I understand that the IPhone 4 is brand new and there WILL be bugs to be worked out, I just hope that this is what it is.  I have a few friends who decided not to buy the IPhone 4 because that wanted everything to be fixed prior...

Other than this problem, I love my Phone.

Message 7 of 11 (1,174 Views)

According to a post on AppleInsider "Readers report that Apple's tech support forums originally confirmed that a iOS 4.0.1 software fix addressing the issue would ship early next week (as early as Monday), before the comments were subsequently taken down along with all the other related discussion about the matter"

Message 8 of 11 (1,163 Views)

newbieiphonetx wrote:

According to a post on AppleInsider "Readers report that Apple's tech support forums originally confirmed that a iOS 4.0.1 software fix addressing the issue would ship early next week (as early as Monday), before the comments were subsequently taken down along with all the other related discussion about the matter"

Yeah, just as I said earlier it's a new phone and bugs are to be expected.  However, this bug is affecting me a lot haha.  It's nice to know that they've recognized the problem and are making an adjustment for it.  Thanks for the info.

Message 9 of 11 (1,156 Views)

Hope they get all the bugs fix soon!

Congrats on your new 4G!

Message 10 of 11 (1,116 Views)
Contributor

my iphone willl have full bars and be connected to wifi and then 2 minutes later it will say no service and it will not send any txts and i cant get on the internet? i had this problem once before but it eventually just stopped. Does anyone know what causes this and how to stop it?

Message 11 of 11 (368 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.