Iphone 4 ear piece very low Volume

Professor

Iphone 4 ear piece very low Volume

i think my Iphone 4 is messed up! every time some one calls me i cant hardly hear them. i have to use speaker phone every time. this sucks i guess the Genius bar will be hearing from me.will i get a fefurb Iphone 4? if so i do not want that.....i want a Brand Iphone 4 what i paid for.

Message 1 of 9 (6,250 Views)
Master

Re: Iphone 4 ear piece very low Volume

They will most likely give you a refurb.  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 9 (6,239 Views)
Professor

ok!! i guess that will work becuase i have the same 1 year warranty in affect same as the Original Iphone 4 i bought? or a 90 day warranty?

Message 3 of 9 (6,186 Views)
Master

You get the balance of your 1 year warranty or 90 days which ever is longer.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 9 (6,139 Views)

dont be offended, but did you leave the plastic film on the face of the phone?  I ask because I speak from experience of doing the same...lol

Message 5 of 9 (6,135 Views)
Professor

no i took it off. i had my Iphone since July 25th. in the last 2 weeks i lost ear piece volume. i have not dropped my iphone or gotten it wet or mistreat it. the volume just went away very hard to hear the person on the other end. i have to use pseaker now just to hear.so i think someting inside went bad.

Message 6 of 9 (6,097 Views)
ACE - Professor

Have you tried resetting the phone... hold power button down until slide to power of... slide off. Count to three... press power button. You never know, it is a computer after all. If not, swap out time.

Don't fear the refurbs. They're probably better than the direct drop shipped ones from China.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 9 (6,087 Views)
Guru

in mid call have you tried to turn up the volume?
If not then it seems the genius bar is your best bet

Message 8 of 9 (6,065 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

iFrosty wrote:

in mid call have you tried to turn up the volume?
If not then it seems the genius bar is your best bet

Yes  i have tried that. seems to be very low and i have to use speak phone to hear the caller. when i first got the Iphone 4 it was very loud,but the last 2 weeks it has been very low Smiley Sad Genius Bar sunday.

Message 9 of 9 (6,032 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.