Iphone 4 battery question

Mentor

Iphone 4 battery question

My battery is lasting only one day. Sometimes not even that. Isnt it supposed to be longer than that? how long doea your battery last and what are some tips on improving battery life?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 8

Re: Iphone 4 battery question

idk, i dont have mine yet!

Message 2 of 8

wump1222 wrote:
My battery is lasting only one day. Sometimes not even that. Isnt it supposed to be longer than that? how long doea your battery last and what are some tips on improving battery life?

Thanks!

they say that you can conserve battery by turning the push notifications off, by not letting apps run in the background (double click the home screen button, hold one of the open apps down and they will give the option to close them), turn the wifi detector off, to name a few...  turn down the brightness of the screen, etc...

wump1222 wrote:

Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
Mentor

Turn your screen brightness down as far as you can stand, turn off GPS, wifi, bluetooth, push, and 3G when you don't need to run data. That should help a lot. If you're using all of those things frequently than you're lucky it's lasting an entire day.

Message 4 of 8
Teacher

Call AppleCare, they handle issues with the battery... You're still covered with 90 days of over-the-phone support and a year of device coverage already, unless you got the $69 extension, then you have 2 years.

Message 5 of 8
Professor

Note that using the iPhone consistently drains the battery. The more apps running abuses the battery. You can run 10s of apps in 4.0 format and they can drain it very fast in several combination of activities. Just as fast as draining a Captivate. A combination of tasks can be:

* 3D Internet Gaming

* Location & Internet Chatting

* GPS 3D Navigation

* Navigation along with checking your mail

etc

Running standby features can lower power but not as fast as using the combination of features. Bluetooth, cellular, 3G connection, WiFi, and a few other features active drain 1/4 of the battery killers. be sure to remove all multitasked applications you aren't using to lower the usage rate. FAS, BackGround Music, File Transfer Services, etc including running apps in your 512 MB memory can expedite the process.

Message 6 of 8
Professor

Mine uses about half the battery in a day, typically checking email and web surfing at work.  I have push off, wifi on, BT on, and close the apps after using them.  On the weekend, when I use my desktop more often at home, I last the entire weekend.  The battery life is notably better than on my 3G.

Message 7 of 8
Mentor

While I don't have mine yet ( just shipped), it's important to remember that battery life is really subjective to the amount you use your phone.  As other's have mentioned, it's not always the use when you're actively doing something (like browsing the web) but things that occur in the background can eat battery life too (Push email for example).

I know that on my BlackBerry, I can normally get two days of average use out of a charge.  But if I leave Google Maps open and running in the background, I notice that I'm consuming more batter than normal.  I'm pretty sure that the GPS is running whenever Google Maps is running.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is figure out what the phone is doing even when you're not using it and see if there's anything you can do to reduce it.   As other's have said, if you feel battery life is shorter than it should be, perhaps you should call Apple while it's under warranty.

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support