Iphone 4 - Won't Update Email Messages

Teacher

Iphone 4 - Won't Update Email Messages

Anyone having a problem with their email?  Mine will update the email count - let me know I have received a new email - but won't show any new emails.

Message 1 of 12 (12,050 Views)
Scholar

Re: Iphone 4 - Won't Update Email Messages

Just try resetting it or turning it off and on.  If you want to reset it, just hold power and home until it shuts off then the Apple logo appears. Usually that takes care of issues like this.

Message 2 of 12 (12,031 Views)
Teacher

I have turned it on and off.  I never had this issue with my iphone 3gs.  Oh well...at least I am not having the antenna issue.  But that is the main reason I have an iphone - to be able to quickly respond to emails.  I do a lot of business through them.

Message 3 of 12 (12,012 Views)
Teacher

I have this same issue.  I have to reboot the phone at least once a day.  It is enough to drive you crazy.  Maybe that is way I got the phone in the first place, i am already crazy.

Message 4 of 12 (11,999 Views)
Teacher

If I have to do that every day I am returning the d*mn thing. 

Message 5 of 12 (11,980 Views)
Scholar

But did you reset it how I said to in my first response? That's different than just turning it on and off.  If it still won't do it then you may need to restore it. It happens sometimes.

Message 6 of 12 (11,973 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

What kind of email account? IMAP? POP? Exchange?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 12 (11,966 Views)
Teacher

Yes I did what you said, I am able to read and comprehend fully your message. Looks like it is going back.

I am using yahoo mail - no idea what server it is.

Message 8 of 12 (11,943 Views)
ACE - Professor

google yahoo mail iphone. Find troubleshooting page

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mobile/comms/mail/iphone-04.html

Troubleshoot.

let us know how it goes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 12 (11,914 Views)
Mentor

Why does it have to be the phone thats the problem?

Message 10 of 12 (11,905 Views)

I thought I read that there is an exchange fix in OP 4.0.1 release.  Did you update your OS and see if that resolved it?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.
Message 11 of 12 (9,907 Views)
Contributor

Same problem, only I think mine's an IPhone 3G—just started doing this this week, and none of the solutions has solved the problem:  restart, reset, sync, none of those things work.  I synched the thing Sunday, and that was the end of my e-mail.  It seems to "see" and even download new mails, but they're not in the in-box.

Message 12 of 12 (9,796 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.