Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 18, 2011
4:00:52 PM
Iphone 3GS Or Iphone4?
Edited by RockNRollMachine777 on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:02:25 PM

I was never into the Iphone until now,  I can upgrade and I really want one, Which one is better? I could get the 3GS for 49 bucks or I could save up money and get the 4. Which one do you have and do you like it?

I was never into the Iphone until now,  I can upgrade and I really want one, Which one is better? I could get the 3GS for 49 bucks or I could save up money and get the 4. Which one do you have and do you like it?

Iphone 3GS Or Iphone4?

[ Edited ]
8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2011 4:16:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You're going to be stuck with it for 2 years. I would get the newest one, with the most storage.

That, and the iPhone 4 is WAY better than the 3GS. Way.

You're going to be stuck with it for 2 years. I would get the newest one, with the most storage.

That, and the iPhone 4 is WAY better than the 3GS. Way.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Iphone 3GS Or Iphone4?

2 of 9 (1,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2011 7:57:58 PM
(0)
Guru
Another + is battery life on the i4 is much improved over the 3GS...my experience is it's nearly twice as good.
Another + is battery life on the i4 is much improved over the 3GS...my experience is it's nearly twice as good.

3 of 9 (1,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2011 4:28:58 AM
(0)
Professor

RockNRollMachine777 wrote:

I could get the 3GS for 49 bucks or I could save up money and get the 4.

If money is an issue, then a smartphone in general is not for you.

You can get a refurb iPhone 4 16GB for as low as $79.  That is a better value.

RockNRollMachine777 wrote:

I could get the 3GS for 49 bucks or I could save up money and get the 4.

If money is an issue, then a smartphone in general is not for you.

You can get a refurb iPhone 4 16GB for as low as $79.  That is a better value.

4 of 9 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 6:14:40 PM
(0)
Scholar
I was with verizon for 10 years and wasn't interested in the iphone until about 6 months when the Iphone4 came out. I wanted to check out all the android phones and decided nothing is better than the iphone4 in my opinion.
I was with verizon for 10 years and wasn't interested in the iphone until about 6 months when the Iphone4 came out. I wanted to check out all the android phones and decided nothing is better than the iphone4 in my opinion.

5 of 9 (939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 6:19:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Although the 3GS is cool and is still at high value right now, I would get the iPhone 4. They've much improved the battery life, and how could anyone turn down two cameras? Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Although the 3GS is cool and is still at high value right now, I would get the iPhone 4. They've much improved the battery life, and how could anyone turn down two cameras? Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 6:39:31 PM
(0)
Mentor

I had a similar predicament, do I spent 50 bucks for some iphone love right now, or wait and save up money for an iphone 4. It boiled down to this, do I wanna drop 50 bucks now and get some iphone love, or save up the money and get an iphone 4, when in a few months after I saved the money the iphone 5 came out. I chose the 3gs, I can live with a lower resolution screen and a camera with no flash. The 3gs still performs like a champ. 

I had a similar predicament, do I spent 50 bucks for some iphone love right now, or wait and save up money for an iphone 4. It boiled down to this, do I wanna drop 50 bucks now and get some iphone love, or save up the money and get an iphone 4, when in a few months after I saved the money the iphone 5 came out. I chose the 3gs, I can live with a lower resolution screen and a camera with no flash. The 3gs still performs like a champ. 

7 of 9 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2011 8:45:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

It depends on your needs. Since I am retired, and only use my iPhone for my calendar, contact list and a few games (and of course the phone,) $49 made more sense to me. I figure that in two years the iPhone 5 or 6 will be available, and I will be able to upgrade to a 4 for the same $49. Doesn't bother me that I am a couple of years behind, but only you can make the call about features, speed and cost.

It depends on your needs. Since I am retired, and only use my iPhone for my calendar, contact list and a few games (and of course the phone,) $49 made more sense to me. I figure that in two years the iPhone 5 or 6 will be available, and I will be able to upgrade to a 4 for the same $49. Doesn't bother me that I am a couple of years behind, but only you can make the call about features, speed and cost.

8 of 9 (882 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2011 2:18:16 PM
(0)
Guru
Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone 4, but my 3gs had better reception. The camera & screen resolution on the 4 are better, but I miss the great reception I had on the 3gs.
Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone 4, but my 3gs had better reception. The camera & screen resolution on the 4 are better, but I miss the great reception I had on the 3gs.
(\__/) (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

9 of 9 (848 Views)