Internet on Phone

Contributor

Internet on Phone

Hi guys,

I currently have the Samsung Captivate

My plan gives me access to 400 web pages per month. Just a few questions though

Does the Android Market count as visiting those web pages?

If i visit say the homepage of facebook multiple times, does each one count as a different visit?

Message 1 of 8 (386 Views)
Master

Re: Internet on Phone

Any data transfer not on a wifi connection with a smartphone counts towards the data plan. emails, market browsing, downloads, web browsing, facebook status update, etc.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8 (373 Views)
Contributor

Ok, so browsing on the market counts towards the web pages. but does visiting the same url more than once count as multiple views per month?

Message 3 of 8 (358 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]
Where are you getting that you can access to 400 web pages per month? The plans as far as I am aware go by MB or GB per month. Any data transferred counts towards the 2GB or whatever size you have per month. Every time you load or reload a website whether it is the same one or not, data is transferred from the web to your phone. It counts each and every time.
Message 4 of 8 (355 Views)
Contributor

When i went to purchase the phone at the local att store, thats what the representative told me, that my plan would give me 400 web pages, and thats how it was explained to me Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 8 (347 Views)
Master

What is it called on the bill?
Message 6 of 8 (342 Views)
Master

You must have the 200MB data plan, then?

I wouldn't abide by the "400 web pages" per month deal. I would think that's an inaccurate way to measure 200MB, considering you can use data for so many different things.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 8 (340 Views)
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:
You must have the 200MB data plan, then?

I wouldn't abide by the "400 web pages" per month deal. I would think that's an inaccurate way to measure 200MB, considering you can use data for so many different things.

+1 - know that nifty Pandora music streaming app - well streaming music consumes data if you are not in a wifi environment, or watching the latest video on hulu or netflix, same thing.

Message 8 of 8 (336 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.