Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 26, 2010
10:29:41 AM
Internet Usage Software? ATT Usage Had Not Upated in 5 days

How often does ATT update the usage? What is the period?  Past reports seem to be one month.

One or two youtube videos embedded  in a news page that autorun and one can easily burn up this 5Gb quickly.  no more youtubes for me. and I have to hide the aircard from the music lovers in the family

I had this with Verizon and a music lover ran up a $400 bill one month.

I will try to stick with ATT but I need to monitor usage this daily.

Does ATT have any tools I missed to do this?

Anyone with luck on free software that counts downloaded bytes in browsers?

Thank you in advance.

How often does ATT update the usage? What is the period?  Past reports seem to be one month.

One or two youtube videos embedded  in a news page that autorun and one can easily burn up this 5Gb quickly.  no more youtubes for me. and I have to hide the aircard from the music lovers in the family

I had this with Verizon and a music lover ran up a $400 bill one month.

I will try to stick with ATT but I need to monitor usage this daily.

Does ATT have any tools I missed to do this?

Anyone with luck on free software that counts downloaded bytes in browsers?

Thank you in advance.

Internet Usage Software? ATT Usage Had Not Upated in 5 days

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2010 10:37:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

Okay on the usage screen under my name then phone number the is a Details link.

Here I found daily usage.  I guess I can keep this in a spreadsheet to keep tabs.  Thanks again.

Okay on the usage screen under my name then phone number the is a Details link.

Here I found daily usage.  I guess I can keep this in a spreadsheet to keep tabs.  Thanks again.

Re: Internet Usage Software? ATT Usage Had Not Upated in 5 days

2 of 9 (1,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2010 5:28:45 PM
(0)
Scholar

Doesn't your connecting device keep track of data usage. My phone does. Does CM?

Doesn't your connecting device keep track of data usage. My phone does. Does CM?

3 of 9 (1,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 5:19:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

There is nothing in the menus.  there is a running recieved and sent.  But that resets every time you leave or get kicked off.

There is nothing in the menus.  there is a running recieved and sent.  But that resets every time you leave or get kicked off.

4 of 9 (1,647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 4:35:51 AM
(0)
Guru
The newest acm does show monthly usage as well

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
The newest acm does show monthly usage as well

5 of 9 (1,617 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 6:29:32 AM
(0)
Mentor

might want to try and reach out to an open source app developer, see if they can develop something specifically for this. Shouldn't be too hard, and I'm sure there's an app developer that makes similar for iPhone's etc.

I'm at work currently, so I can't do the research for you, but keep us posted.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

might want to try and reach out to an open source app developer, see if they can develop something specifically for this. Shouldn't be too hard, and I'm sure there's an app developer that makes similar for iPhone's etc.

I'm at work currently, so I can't do the research for you, but keep us posted.

6 of 9 (1,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 8:45:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

Not sure what an acm is? The aircard modem I suppose. But I do think mine is an older one.  I will have to look into this with ATT customer service thanks.

Not sure what an acm is? The aircard modem I suppose. But I do think mine is an older one.  I will have to look into this with ATT customer service thanks.

7 of 9 (1,598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 4:24:23 AM
(0)
Guru
acm = att communication manager The newest one can be downloaded from www.att.com/acm

acm = att communication manager The newest one can be downloaded from www.att.com/acm

8 of 9 (1,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2010 9:38:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

the ATT communication manager does have a session usage display but it is a bogus number. I spent several hours researching the changes to the data connect plan (90% on ATT website) and it displayed "24.12GB" after 3-4 hours of use.

I also used the tech chat to find out why communication manager didn't display the mobile phone number used and what the session usage number ment in relation to billed usage. The tech chat was totally useless, enter all your information, get transferred, restate everything, enter your information again, get dropped............start all over.........

With all the auto updates used now, Microsoft, Virus program, virtually every software package used, you probably need 2gb a cycle to just cover that........

the ATT communication manager does have a session usage display but it is a bogus number. I spent several hours researching the changes to the data connect plan (90% on ATT website) and it displayed "24.12GB" after 3-4 hours of use.

I also used the tech chat to find out why communication manager didn't display the mobile phone number used and what the session usage number ment in relation to billed usage. The tech chat was totally useless, enter all your information, get transferred, restate everything, enter your information again, get dropped............start all over.........

With all the auto updates used now, Microsoft, Virus program, virtually every software package used, you probably need 2gb a cycle to just cover that........

9 of 9 (1,409 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments