Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 20, 2011
10:53:27 AM
View profile
International use in Paris

I am in Paris, but my phone doesn't seem to pick up roaming.  How can I set it up?

I am in Paris, but my phone doesn't seem to pick up roaming.  How can I set it up?

International use in Paris

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2011 12:33:42 PM
(0)
Guru
The first two things you need to make sure of is that your phone supports the European cellular frequencies which are 900mhz/1800mhz and optionally 2100mz. Go to ATT's website and see if the phone is listed as a world phone or lists these frequencies. Alternatively, there is a database over at phonescoop.com with this information. The second thing you need to do is make sure that international roaming is active. You are best calling ATT's international customer service at 1-800-335-4685 or 1-916-843-4685. If you have Skype, you can call the US 800 number for free over the internet. If you are calling from the hotel phone, you'll need to call the 916 number. Have the hotel phone number handy because they will call you right back. 90% of the time this cures the problems. Every now and then there is a problem on the backend that Customer Support will need to straighten out.
The first two things you need to make sure of is that your phone supports the European cellular frequencies which are 900mhz/1800mhz and optionally 2100mz. Go to ATT's website and see if the phone is listed as a world phone or lists these frequencies. Alternatively, there is a database over at phonescoop.com with this information. The second thing you need to do is make sure that international roaming is active. You are best calling ATT's international customer service at 1-800-335-4685 or 1-916-843-4685. If you have Skype, you can call the US 800 number for free over the internet. If you are calling from the hotel phone, you'll need to call the 916 number. Have the hotel phone number handy because they will call you right back. 90% of the time this cures the problems. Every now and then there is a problem on the backend that Customer Support will need to straighten out.

Re: International use in Paris

2 of 2 (790 Views)