Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 10, 2009
11:33:06 AM
View profile
International call not allowed from this line?
When I attempt to call a international phone number (in Europe), a voice keeps telling me "the international call you‘re attempting to place is not allowed from this line". I'm on a pay as you go .25ct/min service and international dialing is listed as supported feature. What else do I have to do to eanable international calling? 
When I attempt to call a international phone number (in Europe), a voice keeps telling me "the international call you‘re attempting to place is not allowed from this line". I'm on a pay as you go .25ct/min service and international dialing is listed as supported feature. What else do I have to do to eanable international calling? 

International call not allowed from this line?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2009 3:50:28 PM
(0)
Master
Place a free call to 611 and ask.
Place a free call to 611 and ask.

Re: International call not allowed from this line?

2 of 9 (8,490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2009 5:11:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problems on my iphone.  I have the world connect feature & have always been able to make calls to the UK.  I have called AT&T three times today and am no further forward.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can provide.

I am having the same problems on my iphone.  I have the world connect feature & have always been able to make calls to the UK.  I have called AT&T three times today and am no further forward.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can provide.

3 of 9 (8,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2009 5:44:45 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Jan 21, 2009 at 5:45:56 PM

It could be that the feature World Connect was activated on your line, but they forgot to enable international dialing on your line?

I think they need to do both, but may have activated just one.

You'll need to call CS to have them enable the line for international dialing.

Message Edited by Zandora on 01-21-2009 08:45:56 PM

It could be that the feature World Connect was activated on your line, but they forgot to enable international dialing on your line?

I think they need to do both, but may have activated just one.

You'll need to call CS to have them enable the line for international dialing.

Message Edited by Zandora on 01-21-2009 08:45:56 PM
Posted from my Samsung Captivate

[ Edited ]
4 of 9 (8,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2009 2:39:07 AM
(0)
Contributor
I keep getting this message " All international Circuits to the country your calling are busy now".
I tried different phones and even carriers AT&T and T Mobile. SMS'S go though
and I can receive calls form Thailand. Land line or hard lines go though no problem only affecting Mobile/cell's. Thou the caller ID doesn't seem to work now for Thai lines when receiving a land line call.
I keep getting this message " All international Circuits to the country your calling are busy now".
I tried different phones and even carriers AT&T and T Mobile. SMS'S go though
and I can receive calls form Thailand. Land line or hard lines go though no problem only affecting Mobile/cell's. Thou the caller ID doesn't seem to work now for Thai lines when receiving a land line call.

5 of 9 (8,071 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2009 1:18:51 PM
(0)
Teacher

I use phoneanywherecheap.com for all my international calls.  There are no hassles and it's very inexpensive.  I've never had

the problem of not being able to place a call wen I wanted to.  Give it a try.

I use phoneanywherecheap.com for all my international calls.  There are no hassles and it's very inexpensive.  I've never had

the problem of not being able to place a call wen I wanted to.  Give it a try.

6 of 9 (8,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2009 8:17:44 AM
(0)
Contributor
Dialing 611 leads me to a computer service which doesn't offer me the option to speak to a customer representative directly. What number do I have to dial to get to a customer representative for go phone matters?
Dialing 611 leads me to a computer service which doesn't offer me the option to speak to a customer representative directly. What number do I have to dial to get to a customer representative for go phone matters?

7 of 9 (8,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2009 2:28:06 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm having the exact same problem. I tried calling the Philippines on not only my moms iphone but also my iphone the error was the same on each one. What is this problem and why is no AT&T representative trying to help me? If this problem continues I will go back to my Sidekicks.
I'm having the exact same problem. I tried calling the Philippines on not only my moms iphone but also my iphone the error was the same on each one. What is this problem and why is no AT&T representative trying to help me? If this problem continues I will go back to my Sidekicks.

8 of 9 (6,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2009 7:36:11 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by stufried on Sep 9, 2009 at 7:36:38 AM
For those folks out there with a Blackberry, I highly recommend Google Voice.  Their dialer tightly integrates with a Blackberry, the connections are really fast (as fast as a direct dial), and the rates are competitive.  Oh and calls to Canada are now free on Google Voice.
Message Edited by stufried on 09-09-2009 07:36:38 AM
For those folks out there with a Blackberry, I highly recommend Google Voice.  Their dialer tightly integrates with a Blackberry, the connections are really fast (as fast as a direct dial), and the rates are competitive.  Oh and calls to Canada are now free on Google Voice.
Message Edited by stufried on 09-09-2009 07:36:38 AM

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (6,201 Views)