Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 17, 2008
6:51:32 PM
View profile
International W/ iPhone
Heading to Europe mext month and I'm looking for some advice on the iPhone. Is there anything I should be aware of before I go? Has anyone had issues? Any advice would be helpful.
Heading to Europe mext month and I'm looking for some advice on the iPhone. Is there anything I should be aware of before I go? Has anyone had issues? Any advice would be helpful.

International W/ iPhone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2008 2:36:30 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by bsmith15 on Feb 18, 2008 at 2:37:14 AM
Do a search on the forum on data costs with iPhone as there are some horror stories as to the costs per Kb and the way that  the iPhone uses data to operate.  Here is one:

But also some have found ways to manage the costs using WiFi and turning off the data features.

Also keep track of the minutes you are using for voice, as at even $0.99 per minute a ten minute call costs $10.  Make a few of those a day and the charges really add up.  Remember that all minutes (incoming, M2M) are charged at roaming rates.  You will need to add international roaming to your account, and customer service 1-800-331-0500 can take are of that.

Message Edited by bsmith15 on 02-18-2008 05:37:14 AM
Do a search on the forum on data costs with iPhone as there are some horror stories as to the costs per Kb and the way that  the iPhone uses data to operate.  Here is one:

But also some have found ways to manage the costs using WiFi and turning off the data features.

Also keep track of the minutes you are using for voice, as at even $0.99 per minute a ten minute call costs $10.  Make a few of those a day and the charges really add up.  Remember that all minutes (incoming, M2M) are charged at roaming rates.  You will need to add international roaming to your account, and customer service 1-800-331-0500 can take are of that.

Message Edited by bsmith15 on 02-18-2008 05:37:14 AM

Re: International W/ iPhone

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2008 5:51:27 AM
(0)
Master

3 of 4 (1,857 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2008 7:07:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Be sure to call AT&T International CS (800-335-4685) and activate International Roaming.

Also, be sure to have AT&T International CS non-800 number handy when you are abroad (916-843-4685) . If you have any technical issues, just call them and they should be able to fix it right up in a few minutes.  They will even get the number of your phone you are calling from (hotel or whatever) so you don't rack up big long distance charges while they are assisting you.
Be sure to call AT&T International CS (800-335-4685) and activate International Roaming.

Also, be sure to have AT&T International CS non-800 number handy when you are abroad (916-843-4685) . If you have any technical issues, just call them and they should be able to fix it right up in a few minutes.  They will even get the number of your phone you are calling from (hotel or whatever) so you don't rack up big long distance charges while they are assisting you.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,851 Views)