International Texting Issue

Tutor

International Texting Issue

I'm having an issue where my boyfriend (in England) and I can't seem to text each other at all... one morning it was working fine, but then that night, it just stopped. I have over 800 messages in my texting package, so I know I'm not out of messages, and he's called his phone company several times ad everything seems in working order. To anyone else that he's texted here, it's worked. My number hasn't changed, his hasn't changed, nothing at all has changed. It just stopped working and this has been going on for about 4 days now. I've swapped my SIM card over to an older phone of mine to see if my phone was the problem, but it wasn't. It still wouldn't work at all. Any ideas at all what could be the problem?
Message 1 of 24
Teacher

Re: International Texting Issue

Having the same issues. Started on Aug 5th. Texting Ukraine.

If my issue gets resolved, I'll post the solution

Message 2 of 24
Contributor

I have same problem foe about 5 days now. Please post info when problem resolved.

I think we should call ATT tech support.

Message 3 of 24
Tutor

They are closed on Sundays, I already tried that. I'm going to go by my local AT&T store tomorrow and I really hope this issue can be solved quickly....
Message 4 of 24
Voyager

I'm having the same problem as of yesterday. Texts from Virgin Mobile UK will not come through to any of 3 different AT&T numbers in the US. Also E-Plus in Germany has failed to come through.

However, Orange UK and Vodafone UK both sent and received OK. Not sure about O2 UK - one possilbe missing message there too.

I thought at first it was just me cos I just switched to a new IPhone 3GS but seems its not just me.

Problem would seem to be with the way AT&T receives in SMS from some international carriers.

Is there a way to get their attention?

Message 5 of 24
Tutor

I've been on the phone this morning with customer service but they've told me that absolutely nothing is wrong... I don't know what to do. I'm going to try and get a new SIM in hopes that will do the trick... I just hope they can transfer my number...
Message 6 of 24
Teacher

alidc658 wrote:
I've been on the phone this morning with customer service but they've told me that absolutely nothing is wrong... I don't know what to do. I'm going to try and get a new SIM in hopes that will do the trick... I just hope they can transfer my number...

Got a new phone with a new sim today - problem still persists.....

Message 7 of 24
Contributor

I talked to two technical support guys and tried a number of things. No body seems know what's wrong. Was told will ask a higher level engineer to check up

Message 8 of 24
Teacher

miamiuser wrote:

I talked to two technical support guys and tried a number of things. No body seems know what's wrong. Was told will ask a higher level engineer to check up

I was just told that AT&T is not the one to blame (LOL?) and that every other provider in the world is having issues, but AT&T. Basically they just told me to go away and that the reason I'm not getting sms is because everyone else in other countries have bad service or outages or whatever....Great stuff.....

Message 9 of 24
Tutor

I also tried a new SIM to no avail.

But was told by tech support they were sending it higher and I should have a solution to 3-5 days..... ugh.... we'll see..

Message 10 of 24
Teacher

alidc658 wrote:

I also tried a new SIM to no avail.

But was told by tech support they were sending it higher and I should have a solution to 3-5 days..... ugh.... we'll see..

Same. Went all the way up to the boss of tech support (of whatever place i got transferred to) and he told me that something is wrong with the routing numbers, but they can't figure out what. They opened a "commitment" ticket, which means that they will be giving me updates over the next couple of days.

Message 11 of 24
Teacher

Old thread with the same issue:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=international&thread.id=6240&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

Take a note of the post on top of page 2.....seems like we are all dealing with the same problem again...

Message 12 of 24
Voyager

I just received the 2 texts from E-Plus Germany sent on Sunday and one from O2 UK also sent Sunday!

Maybe something is freeing up or maybe not - still to receive numerous SMS sent from Virgin UK.

Message 13 of 24
Teacher

lauholden wrote:

I just received the 2 texts from E-Plus Germany sent on Sunday and one from O2 UK also sent Sunday!

Maybe something is freeing up or maybe not - still to receive numerous SMS sent from Virgin UK.

I received about 60 messages today, all sent Thursday through Sunday. But they are all dated as if they were sent today.

Was weird today, a barrage of messages coming every minute for an hour. But then it stopped...still waiting for messages from yesterday and today, but I guess by the weekend they will be here.

Message 14 of 24
Contributor

I also got a number of message from sunday and monday. Then stopped.
Message 15 of 24
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support