Helpful Links

International Texting Issue

Teacher

Re: International Texting Issue

Got a call from the tech that is working on the case. It is indeed the problem with routing numbers. They have contacted a third party to fix this issue, however, ATT has no idea when the issue will be resolved.
Message 16 of 24
Tutor

I got a huge rush of text messages yesterday, too. It was odd, cause they were all mixed, some new and some days old. It was hard to figure out lol. But today we were able to text normally.... I'm just hoping this means that the problem is under control!!!
Message 17 of 24
Teacher

I called in today, just to make sure that it wasn't a fluke that text messages were getting through.

They said that they fixed the routing on their servers and that everything will be ok now.

I've been able to text back and forth today with no problems.

Issue is resolved.

Message 18 of 24
Tutor

I'm still having issues with it. It seemed to work for a few days and now it's stopped again completely.....
Message 19 of 24
Teacher

alidc658 wrote:
I'm still having issues with it. It seemed to work for a few days and now it's stopped again completely.....

It's working fine for me now. Call them until they got on the issue. It's always a freaking routig issue

Message 20 of 24
Contributor

Just got the iphone and am having the same problem.. so it's AT&T's routers and not the phone ?  The AT&T guy I talked to said a text is a text and there should be no problem, therefore it is on the other end (my friends).  Basically they said my friends who've been texting with me for years have suddenly forgotten how to enter the nukber correctly.  >.<  I have an appointment with Apple tomorrow, but after reading this it seems that it's AT&T's responsibility.

I have friends in Australia and the UK who have been trying to send me texts with no luck.  I can send texts to Australia but not receive.  *frustrated*

Message 21 of 24
Voyager

I have been having the same problems since August 5th Texting to and from Argentina.  I have been on the phone with a whole host of AT&T technical support teams for the last two weeks.  Texting test messages and calling Argentina on my dime to verify with no results.  I found out yesterday from a senior tech rep that AT&T was aware of the problem for a month and a half.  They don't even notify their own people internally, making their customers go through testing and verifying our equipment that is a waist of time.  I am going to contact Apple to see if I can convince them to put pressure on AT&T to find a solution or loose their exclusive license for the Iphone.
Message 22 of 24
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same problem, and have been for approximately 6 months.  I didn't worry about it at first because I was in desperate need of an upgrade, and just thought it was a problem with my device, that was until I received a new 3G phone and sim this July, and the problem has continued.  I was told today that I should contact international customer service, but knowing how long you can be on the phone with customer service I'm not ready to drop that kind of coin on an international call, I was wondering if anyone here had anymore information about this issue (or what they've experienced) that I could possibly present to customer service stateside.  This is the first I've heard about routing problems.  If anyone has anything to say about this, I'd love to hear it!

I also thought this was interesting:

iPhone Overload AT&T

Message 23 of 24
Highlighted
Voyager

Stormy-

Senior Tech Support 866-246-7344 resolved my problem in sending text to Argentina last month.  Unfortunately AT&T is not responsiable for Argentina sending messages to the US.  Apparently the trouble is with the middle man VariSon who relays the message back and forth.  The solution was to make sure they have your number registerd in their sytem.  Family in Argentina is currently working on it to get messages sent back to me.

Suggest you update the latest software on the phone from Itunes before you call.

Good Luck

Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support